X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bravekozak
    replied
    I received my springs from Southwest Speed but haven't replaced them yet.
    Maybe tomorrow?
    When I am finished, I will end up with an extra set of springs.

Leave a comment:

• Toast
    replied
    Does anyone know what front coilovers would be good to get this low? I got everything in this thread and completed the build of fronts and rear. Rears are spot on, drives nice etc.
    The fronts however, I can’t get this low. The shocks bottom out before it gets anywhere near close enough. It’s currently on cut springs but doesn’t ride the nicest!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    The price has incresed a lot for some strange reason. The springs now cost $50 each at Southwest. I am going to take a long shower after placing my order. I feel violated.

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Originally posted by Zboost05 View Post
    Are they rear coilovers adjustable?
    Yes, the sleeves make them height adjustable

Leave a comment:

• Zboost05
    replied
    Are they rear coilovers adjustable?

Leave a comment:

• chiquito1228
    replied
    Any body else having problems with the ebay front coilovers not having enough travel.

Leave a comment:

• Bratboy
    replied
    Do the front coilovers matter as to dpecs or brands,? Will they all just work?

What brand do people recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Tyler77
    replied
    Originally posted by Gdh_85 View Post
    Hey follow Canadians... Where did you guys purchase your coil over sleeves and springs? Trying to find the best price plus shipping options and I don't want to get stuck paying any B/S duties and or Brokerage fees.
    Hey gdh_85 I live in Chilliwack bc and I ordered my coilover sleeves and springs right from southwest speed in the states, as Mentioned in this thread.
    i couldn’t find a better price and duties/taxes was only about $35

Leave a comment:

• krackerjack
    replied
    looking for photo of console for festiva i had a 91 with console saved it ..to sell any one have a photo of one

Leave a comment:

• Gdh_85
    replied
    Hey follow Canadians... Where did you guys purchase your coil over sleeves and springs? Trying to find the best price plus shipping options and I don't want to get stuck paying any B/S duties and or Brokerage fees.

Leave a comment:

• theastronaut
    replied
    Originally posted by Gdh_85 View Post
    What is the reason we don’t use the rear mk2 coil overs?
    They are too long, the springs are too stiff, and the spring diameter is larger which limits wheel/tire width.

Leave a comment:

• Gdh_85
    replied
    What is the reason we don’t use the rear mk2 coil overs?

Leave a comment:

• angrychair
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    If your shocks are making squeaky or grinding noises then you may have the top nuts too tight. The top rubber bushings only need to be squished a little bit (how much really depends on how old and hard your bushings are). If those top nuts are too tight, the shock can't articulate enough, and it will bend and flex the shock shaft. Those shocks go back and forth a lot when the car is being driven. That top mount NEEDS to flex easily.
    Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
    The vw bump stops should be sanded to a relatively loose fit inside the spring.

Between the two of you , you may have just saved me so much time.
    Last edited by angrychair; 03-10-2020, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blake4591
    replied
    You can drill and tap through the nut and put in a set screw to help hold it in place. I was planning on doing that for the rears on my car. I never got a around to it and haven't had an issue. That seems to be the general consensuses that they don't really move much once set with some preload.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonhealer
    replied
    It's not an issue, it will stay where you adjust it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X