Compatible Brake Boosters ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible Brake Boosters ?

My car is aspire-swapped, though at the time I never did the Aspire MC & Brake Booster.

I've just ordered an Aspire MC but it only occurred to me last night I will also need to upgrade the Brake Booster to avoid an extremely hard brake pedal feel, right?

So obviously the Aspire MC from a manual (8") fits, what about the auto (9") ?

Assuming the Auto fits, I'm guessing it'll make the pedal feel so soft you wouldn't want to use it unless you're my wife, right?

I hear Kia Rio's fit, but unsure which models and what the specs of their BB's are, must be similar to the Aspire's though.

I can currently get an Aspire-Auto BB for $99, unfortunately the manual BB's are going for almost $200.
    200,000KM milestone!

I'm going to source an Aspire MANUAL BB. Looks like 8 inch should fit snug, 9 inch would require work to fit and my hunch is the end result would be a horribly soft brake pedal.
    200,000KM milestone!

Comment

My Aspire mc/booster combo is not soft. Feels firm and solid.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I have used both NA and NB miata boosters. They require modification to the clevis that attaches to the brake pedal. I prefer the NB miata booster. I tested them back to back over the weekend.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Do you have any pictures or notes on modify the clevis for the NB boosters? I have a booster that I picked up cheap but haven't put it next to a stock master to see what the length difference is.
          Last edited by blake4591; 02-08-2016, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure if I have any pictures, but the threaded part has to be 3/4" further from the clevis than it is stock. I weld a spare lock nut to a 3/4 inch long spacer and weld the spacer to the clevis and paint it black.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I used a small peace of pipe and a nut for mine I threaded it on a bolt to keep it all centered up before welding.

Nb miata or right stock left.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                X