No announcement yet.

Coilovers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get -1.1 degree camber in the front using the camber bolts along with the lowering springs... I really want 2... I might try drilling the strut housing. Hmmm... What camber are you running now? -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
      All four corners are done... pics tomorrow.
      Hey Fred,

Is it tomorrow yet?

Ian
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

no today is Saturday, tomorrow never comes.

Clinton

Comment

let me know how the high speed stability is. I'm really nervous driving my festy about 85, just gets too froggy lol.
          Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
          1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
          1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
          2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I have the wheels off the car because I had to bleed the brakes. I'll put them back on tomorrow and take some more pics with the car sitting on the ground.
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

good job Fred.

so how much $ did you spend doing this? i know you saud 1800 for the set up. but what about the extras!!!
              cant wait to see it with the wheels on!
              Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

THAT'S AWESOME! I have searched a couple of coilovers for the mk3. You said non vr4 right? those seem hard to find on the internet. Also I have seen a couple that said 4 lug and 5 lug mk3. Wich ones did you get? Man.../ those coilovers are the shit!
                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

I spent a little under $1000CAD. Not to shabby for full adjustable coilovers.

They are for a MK3 4-cylinder (non-VR6). I have a feeling they are going to be far too stiff and that I'll need to swap the springs out for softer ones. I have to get the engine running before I can determine this.
                  * Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

Update...

I took the car for a ride today. I was backing it out of the garage (first time it's been in daylight in the last 6 months) and noticed that the brakes seemed to be dragging. Oops... that not the brakes dragging, that the top of the mounting ear on the bottom of the coilover scraping on the edge your aluminum wheel. Took about 20 minutes to remove some excess material from the mounting ear and the problem was solved.

First thing I noticed was how much the car needed an alignment. Second thing I noticed was that the ride wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be. I just drove it around the block, which is relatively smooth road... but I tried to hit as many bumps as possible, and the suspension soaked them up without transferring much motion to the passengers.

I still need to get an alignment and I need to bleed the brakes again... tomorrow!
                    * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Fantastic news! Hope it all works out great. I would love to have a real set of coilovers.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

Working...
                      X