Clear All

Really all you can easily use is the brakes lol
    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
      I happened to click on the link in your signature thing and it says something about aspire suspension on a festiva. it just so happens that my festiva has bad suspension, so could I easily swap aspire suspension into my festiva?
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

I mean the fronts are bolt on. The rear beam is bolt on or you can ream out the top bolts on the Festiva beam and fit the rear aspire brakes on the Festiva beam. Everything else from the aspire seems like a pain to make work
        Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

You need aspire outer tie rods if you use aspire or kia rio knuckles the seat is different from the festiva outers .
          The struts are the same as festiva with the exception of a higher spring perch in the rear on some shock models.
          The springs are a tad stiffer but I've never ran them before.
          If you get the rear beam make sure you unbolt it from the frame and get the brackets. Also get the e brake cable and all the rubber break hoses from the aspire.

Comment

I mean the fronts are bolt on. The rear beam is bolt on or you can ream out the top bolts on the Festiva beam and fit the rear aspire brakes on the Festiva beam. Everything else from the aspire seems like a pain to make work
            ok thanks, I thought there was more I could use for some reason.
            Originally posted by william View Post
            You need aspire outer tie rods if you use aspire or kia rio knuckles the seat is different from the festiva outers .
            The struts are the same as festiva with the exception of a higher spring perch in the rear on some shock models.
            The springs are a tad stiffer but I've never ran them before.
            If you get the rear beam make sure you unbolt it from the frame and get the brackets. Also get the e brake cable and all the rubber break hoses from the aspire.
            so I can use aspire outer tie rods? Idk what a knuckle is lol.
            ok I'll use the front struts and see if the rear struts have a higher spring perch.
            I probably wont get the springs as I plan on getting new ones.
            I am a novice in working with cars but I will try to get all of those things.
            thank you for this comment

Comment

Knuckle/hub is the entire thing from where the strut mounts to the ball joint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                I've only been at this for 20 years and am ASE certified.
                I don't have a clue.
                I would not trust anyone that the trees hate.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
                  dang so that means I can't use the tie rods either? is there anything else other than the brakes I can use on my festiva off of an aspire?
                  You need the Aspire OUTER Tie Rods, & the Festiva INNER Tie Rods.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

You use the Brakes, & can use the Struts & springs.
                    On the Rear , use the Complete Rear Suspention including the E Brake cable.
                    There is a how to on here.
                    I believe in the Suspension section.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Go to the ARTICALS section , then SUSPENSION & BRAKES
                      There is a Swap how to with ALL the parts you need & how to uae them.
                      THE END

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                        You need the Aspire OUTER Tie Rods, & the Festiva INNER Tie Rods.
                        You use the Brakes, & can use the Struts & springs.
                        On the Rear , use the Complete Rear Suspention including the E Brake cable.
                        There is a how to on here.
                        I believe in the Suspension section.
                        Go to the ARTICALS section , then SUSPENSION & BRAKES
                        There is a Swap how to with ALL the parts you need & how to uae them.
                        THE END
                        hey thanks man this is really helpful. may I bug you by asking you to link the article you are talking about? thanks

also are ball joints interchangeable? if not i'm going to order new festiva ones from advanced auto tomorrow.
                        I think someone already told me axels are not interchangeable which was what I was just about to ask.

Comment

Ball joints and lower control arms are the same thing for us.

Search the forum, we can't spoon feed you. No one learns that way.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
                            hey thanks man this is really helpful. may I bug you by asking you to link the article you are talking about? thanks

also are ball joints interchangeable? if not i'm going to order new festiva ones from advanced auto tomorrow.
                            I think someone already told me axels are not interchangeable which was what I was just about to ask.
                            Advance suspension mods

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Click on Forum, scroll down to Articles, then Click on suspensions & Brakes.
                              It not Rocket Surgery.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                              X