More wheel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More wheel help

I was recommended to use DMack DMG3's http://www.dmacktyres.com/gravel-tyres for my rally car. I like them, they look pretty good, but I want to make sure I get some strong wheels to fit nicely. A friend recommended Diamond Racing Wheels, but the 14x6 street wheels on their site only have 0 to -38 offset. I wouldn't mind flaring the fenders if I didn't want to be cautious about sanctioning regulations on body work. Anywhere else I might look for strong 14x6-7 4x4.5 +20 to +38?
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

I have the enkies in 14x7 with 28 offset. they fit good and look great. i have 165 55 14 tires on them right now. look up my thread BOUGHT A B6T for pictures
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Yes a 14x7 with positive 28mm offset will work. 0 to negative offset will stick out and be very hard to drive in gravel or rutted terrain.
      Try a set of Arctic Cat Prowler front steel wheels. They are 14x6.5 and 4x115mm B/C. You may even need spacers because they are back spaced quite a bit. You might be able to score a set cheap from a local Arctic Cat dealership.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-19-2016, 01:47 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

You should avoid running expensive forged alloy wheels on a rally car unless;
        1. You have Ken Blocks wheel budget and the full support of the guys at 1552 design.
        2. Can get a few sets of actual purpose built rally wheels.

Steel wheels can be repaired in the paddock and ate usually cheap and easier to find in 14". That being said, there are a lot of VW alloys in 14x6 dimension that will fit if you do an Aspire brake upgrade. Another popular choice in rally is the BMW "bottle Cap" wheels that were standard equipment on the e30 318.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I want to do the Aspire swap, but I have other items on my checkbook lists ahead of that, so I was hoping to find some cheap steelies to just get me started. I'd be quite happy if I could find some cheap and rusty. I might blast them and spray some black paint on to keep them for play time. If I buy new, I'm looking for less than $80/pc

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Comment

Saw a good deal on those e30 bottle caps. Does anyone know the dimensions?

Comment

13x6 IIRC
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_RallyX_82 View Post
                Saw a good deal on those e30 bottle caps. Does anyone know the dimensions?
                BMW bottle caps are 14x6 with a 4x100 bolt center. I think the have a 25mm offset (but I may be wrong about that).

Comment

Ok I'll double check when I get home, I have a set waiting for powder coating.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Gonna have to do the aspire swap... While I'm on that subject, what are the advantages of swapping the Aspire rear beam?

Comment

Factory negative camber. I have 2.4 negative with the aspire beam the festiva had 0. You can also remove the rear torchen bar for a festiva like flex with 4x100 hubs.

Comment

I will most likely get these wheels:
                        Free Shipping - U.S. Wheel 021 Series Drift Star FWD Black Wheels with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Wheels at Summit Racing.

•Over all dimensions: 14x6"
                        •Lug: 4x114.3
                        •Offset: 25.4mm

I will probably put one set of street rubber on them before I get to use them off-road.
                        I read on here that optimum tire size for fuel efficiency is 155/80-13. Quick math shows that an equivalent over all diameter is around 185/60-14 to 165/70-14. Thoughts and recommendations? Thanks guys

Comment

The Achilles ATR-K 165/55R14 is a very well loved street tire here, and can usually be had for less than $210 shipped for all 4. It may be a little shorter than what you want though.
                          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                          Feel free to PM me anytime!
                          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
                            The Achilles ATR-K 165/55R14 is a very well loved street tire here, and can usually be had for less than $210 shipped for all 4. It may be a little shorter than what you want though.
                            They have a 155/65 too that's a bit taller.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

SimpleTire.com has plenty of options for 14's. It all depends on how tall of a tire you want and if you want your speedo to be correct. I wouldn't use the 155's on a 6" wheel again, it just doesn't look good.

Size Diameter

165/55/14 = 537
                              165/60/14 = 554
                              165/65/14 = 570
                              165/70/14 = 587

175/65/14 = 583 (Cheapest Option - $155 Shipped)

Most Common 12" "Almost Stock Size"
                              155/80/12's = 553mm Diameter
                              Size you quoted
                              155/80/13's = 578mm Diameter

You will have to check on the brands because not all of them are Achilles but we don't have test info on all the tires yet so feel free to share your experiences with other brands.
                              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                              sigpic
                              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X