The USS, 14x6/35mm offset, 185/60/14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The USS, 14x6/35mm offset, 185/60/14's

Looking at utilizing the ultimate street suspension. Have run across a set of wheels 14x6/35mm offset and 185/60/14 tires. With the Aspire brake swap I am assuming 4x100 bolt pattern. Will this combination work well?

It will work better with 185/55 -14 , but your wheel and tire combo is what I have under Scrappy. Expect to roll your fender lips in the rear.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I prefer 165/55-14 for the street. These cars are so light that they hook up the best on 165mm wide tires in most conditions. Narrower tires feel squirmy when driven hard and wider tires have less surface pressure on the pavement. Wider isn't better for traction until you start heating them up. On a race track, wider tires work better because they heat up and get sticky (especially r compound tires). Cold however, you'll have less grip with a wider tire.
      With a good suspension setup, you can really use the grip. These cars can achieve over 1.5 lateral g's on cheap street tires. That is phenomenal performance.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 07:27 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I am a wheel guy in more than the typical way. I own Perfect Circle Autosport, www.pc-autosport.com .

Unfortunately Team Dynamics does not offer a 14" wheel and I am favoring the look proportionally. I have my eyes on something, but am tossed up on the Aspire brake swap. I am guessing it is really the only way to go?

Comment

They used to sell the Pro Race 1.2 in a 14x7. What happened?

The Aspire swap works great. I recommend a miata master cylinder and booster as well. PFC actually makes a really good pad for the Aspire.

I had Team Dynamics make me a set of 13x6 Pro Race 1.2s in a 34mm offset a few years ago and that's what I run on the track. (I use spacers to get the offset right depending on if I'm on slicks or R comps.) 185/60-13 A048r seems to be the best tire we get in the states for these cars with no major fender work.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 07:49 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Not enough sales. I know. I am checking the factory to see if they have any left over castings.

Comment

The Aspire swap works great. I recommend a miata master cylinder and booster as well. PFC actually makes a really good pad for the Aspire.

I had Team Dynamics make me a set of 13x6 Pro Race 1.2s in a 34mm offset a few years ago and that's what I run on the track.
              13's work with the Aspire brakes then?

Comment

Yes sir. Like a charm.

Comment

Little baby BBS RAs on Aspire brakes.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

If your dead set on a 14, Enkei still makes the RPF-1 in a 14x7. Pricey, but hard to beat the weight.
                      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

14" wheels are the best street size for the Festiva in my opinion. I put a set of cheap Achilles Economist tires in a 165/55-14 size on my 14x7 OZ turbines and have been very happy with the ride quality, traction and wear so far. I tried them for a weekend on the track when I didn't have any R comps mounted and they held up amazingly well for super cheap tires. I can't say enough good things about them.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-11-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

14" wheels are the best street size for the Festiva in my opinion. I put a set of cheap Achilles Economist tires in a 165/55-14 size on my 14x7 OZ turbines and have been very happy with the ride quality, traction and wear so far. I tried them for a weekend on the track when I didn't have any R comps mounted and they held up amazingly well for super cheap tires. I can't say enough good things about them.

Nice wheels . Interesting.

Comment

I have the Enkei RPF-1 and the econo tires as shown above. i love the combo. The rims are crazy light weight. I get nervous when i hit bumps light weight tho!!

1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I will be switching to federal 595 once these tires are ready to go. If i ever get lucifer going again that may be sooner then i hope for!
                              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                              1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                              19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X