The USS, 14x6/35mm offset, 185/60/14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I have the Enkei RPF-1 and the econo tires as shown above. i love the combo. The rims are crazy light weight. I get nervous when i hit bumps light weight tho!!

Those are 13"? What specs?

Comment

14" they are the lightest weight rims in the rfp1 lineup. they dont make 13" in this wheel. I have the big 03 kia brakes. i cant go any lower then 14". my rims as of now only clear by a hair. but boy does she stop on a dime. I cant lock emm up at 85mph
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

14" they are the lightest weight rims in the rfp1 lineup. they dont make 13" in this wheel. I have the big 03 kia brakes. i cant go any lower then 14". my rims as of now only clear by a hair. but boy does she stop on a dime. I cant lock emm up at 85mph
        What's the offset on the Enkei? Have to look up the 03 KIA brakes...are they a 4x100 or 4x113.3.

Comment

Kia Rio is 4x100
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I have the Enkei RPF-1 and the econo tires as shown above. i love the combo. The rims are crazy light weight. I get nervous when i hit bumps light weight tho!!

You should be good Mike. Those wheels are over rated for a Festiva. They are extremely strong, but they don't bend, they Crack or shatter when they hit things. Not a good rally wheel for sure.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by PCA-1 View Post
              What's the offset on the Enkei? Have to look up the 03 KIA brakes...are they a 4x100 or 4x113.3.
              offset is 28mm. 14" The 03 kia rio brakes are 4 x 100. They are big to!!! They are bigger then the aspire brake swap. You cant run 13" rims with 03 rio brakes tho. Must be 14" And i would guess that not all 14" will fit. Mine are close.

The rims i got were not cheap either. i paid more for the rims on the car then i did my other car!!!They were around 200$ each. SHop around and you can get a few bucks off tho.

The rear will need some work to get the 4 x 100 bolt pattern tho. I bought new rear drums and redrilled them to 4 x 100 on a cnc mill! You can do that or you can get aspire spindles and all brake components and just redrill the mounting flange to bolt to the festiva beam. Or take the entire aspire beam. Wheel to wheel.
              1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
              1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

offset is 28mm. 14" The 03 kia rio brakes are 4 x 100. They are big to!!! They are bigger then the aspire brake swap. You cant run 13" rims with 03 rio brakes tho. Must be 14" And i would guess that not all 14" will fit. Mine are close.

The rims i got were not cheap either. i paid more for the rims on the car then i did my other car!!!They were around 200$ each. SHop around and you can get a few bucks off tho.

The rear will need some work to get the 4 x 100 bolt pattern tho. I bought new rear drums and redrilled them to 4 x 100 on a cnc mill! You can do that or you can get aspire spindles and all brake components and just redrill the mounting flange to bolt to the festiva beam. Or take the entire aspire beam. Wheel to wheel.
                Great info. Didn't know a 28mm offset would fit that well. I can get those very reasonably. I'll put them on my short list . What is the wheel bore of the Enkie's you have?
                Last edited by PCA-1; 07-12-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I don't know. I had to hit the I'd with a die grinder until they fit. Took like 30 minutes each wheel

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

If you are looking for center caps, check into these.

This guy bought a set and painted them black. Can't remember the size, but they are cheap!

Last edited by PCA-1; 07-12-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I don't know. I had to hit the I'd with a die grinder until they fit. Took like 30 minutes each wheel

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                      Kind of figured. They spec at 54mm IIRC. The Festiva hub is like 59.6. A touch larger.

Comment

Aspire hub is the same as miata. Festiva is larger than both. Can't remember the actual size, but I do know miata/aspire is smaller than VW/BMW and Festiva is larger than VW/BMW. I turned my hub center down on my drums to fit my BMW fitment wheels (after redrilling them to 4x100 b/c), but then Miata wheels wouldn't fit my drums, but fit my front Aspire brakes just fine.
                        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-13-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PCA-1 View Post
                          Great info. Didn't know a 28mm offset would fit that well. I can get those very reasonably. I'll put them on my short list . What is the wheel bore of the Enkie's you have?
                          I've got Isuzu Impulse wheels on mine. They are 14x6 and 28mm offset. They are about flush with the fenders. However, I have 155's.
                          Rick
                          1993 Ford Festiva
                          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                          2000 Ford E350

Comment

That's a good look!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              14" wheels are the best street size for the Festiva in my opinion. I put a set of cheap Achilles Economist tires in a 165/55-14 size on my 14x7 OZ turbines and have been very happy with the ride quality, traction and wear so far. I tried them for a weekend on the track when I didn't have any R comps mounted and they held up amazingly well for super cheap tires. I can't say enough good things about them.

This is good to know about the Achilles! Thanks! I thought about them before I got the Yokohama
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

There are some 14x7 toyota celica wheels on ebay right now for 400 bucks with free shipping. They are 4x114.3 though and a really low offset (8mm?) So that's probably not a good wheel choice for anyone serious about performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X