No announcement yet.

Kia Rio front swaybar and radius rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would offsetting coupler length with wall thickness eliminate the chance for buckling? Also use the radius groove like the pinch bolt setup at the lbj and split the coupler in half for mounting. 6 bolts in total. Can't draw what's in my head on my phone.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I wonder if mounting a pillowblock bearing either side of your coupler would solve it, then the sleeve is just keeping the two ends butted together, not trying to stop them flopping about everywhere

*edit* just remembered the middle section of the swaybar is offset from the outer ends where the mounts are so pillowblocks in the middle mounted to the rad support wouldn't work as the swaybar changes its distance from the rad support

I think somebody mentioned it already, your coupler would have to be mounted somewhere on the swaybar in the same plane as the swaybar bushes

I'm liking my inversion of the idea more and more
      Last edited by robotrob; 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. It's food for thought. A CNC Horizontal mill could cut a nice groove around the bar, and the radius groove would have less chance of stress cracking than a square groove. It could possibly even be a ball bearing system with the radius groove serving as the inner race and then having a split outer race that slides inside the end of the tube and is secured with a gland nut style retainer or cirplip and then press in seal. That would be sweet.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-22-2016, 08:21 AM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Great, now I got the wheels turning lol
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X