Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire swap camber issue

Hey guys,
    I know there's probably already a thread on this but I can't find it..

So my steve has the full aspire swap, and the problem is that every time I take a hard turn the camber bolt slips and then the wheel is waaay cambered in.

I've heard about putting some sort of wedge in there to keep it from moving, any experience with this?
    1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Top bolt here
    Attached Files

Comment

Check to make sure your not running out of thread on the knuckle bolts. I've had that issue and it was the bolt running out of thread before it clamped the knuckle tight. I fixed it with a nice thick washer.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I use Rio camber bolts on mine and they have thick washers on both ends of the bolt.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

aha, I'll take a look an see

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            Check to make sure your not running out of thread on the knuckle bolts. I've had that issue and it was the bolt running out of thread before it clamped the knuckle tight. I fixed it with a nice thick washer.
            Once again Charlie for the win!

Big fat washers on both sides now, felt like driving on rails around the neighborhood "test track" compared to the continuously variable camber setup I inadvertently had..

Comment

Working...
            X