No announcement yet.

Wheel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was being a pain today so I taught it how to fly, so after my Grandson and I stopped laughing he walked over, picked it up and said hey it's working but it needs a charge, hmm turns out that somebody didn't charge his phone last night.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Carl, If your still using that Casio, those things are really hard to break. I use mine as a wheel chock. lol
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I saw those OZ's... trying to keep this a budget build for now lol. I reeeeally want and would pay up for a set of SSR Formula Mesh wheels in the right size/offset though. Also, if I do an aspire swap later on then I'd need 4x100 wheels instead of 114.3. Engine swap comes first, I'll find nice wheels later. The Maxima wheels would be super cheap for now and would let me get easy to find 15" sticky tires for the Fall Clemson autocross meets. First meet is only a week away.
        Last edited by theastronaut; 08-20-2016, 08:57 PM.
        '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
        '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
        '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
        '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
        '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
        '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
        How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
        How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

picked up the new wheels for $150 just need 4x100 to 5x 4.75 adapters now any suggestions? I was thinking maybe modify the hub or something not a fan of spacers anymore
          Festiver
          93 L find/5 speed
          BP/g15mr swapped
          Aspire brake swapped
          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
          rustful
          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
          advanced suspension
          kai/skeeter camber
          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

One of my favorite muscle car wheels, can't wait to see them mounted! I've been running 1" 4x114 to 4x108 adapters for a year and ~13,000 miles with no problems... haven't been easy on the car either, it gets driven really hard. They're not my first choice either but they can work.
            '88 L- B6d-Sidedraft Dellorto Carbs-G-Series-Advanced Suspension
            '89 L B3-5 speed-A/C-Advanced Suspension

Project Goldilocks '66 C10 Short Fleet BBW Build
            '65 C10 Highly Detailed Stock Restoration Thread
            '55 International Metal/Body/Paint Work
            '66 F100 Full Rotisserie Restoration
            '40 Packard 120 Convertible Coupe Restoration
            How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster
            How To Detail Sand Body Panels, Edges, Corners

Comment

Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
              One of my favorite muscle car wheels, can't wait to see them mounted! I've been running 1" 4x114 to 4x108 adapters for a year and ~13,000 miles with no problems... haven't been easy on the car either, it gets driven really hard. They're not my first choice either but they can work.
              Heck I can't even find 4x100 to 5x4.75 adapters

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
              Festiver
              93 L find/5 speed
              BP/g15mr swapped
              Aspire brake swapped
              Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all

89 festie
              rustful

93 festie
              advanced suspension
              kai/skeeter camber
              b3t/g15mr

Comment

Originally posted by theastronaut View Post
                I've seen them for sale on VW forums. Vette sawblades are popular so those guys have them.
                Found a set 400 for 4 rip my account lol I'll have to wait and save up because I still need another xr2 g series and that zj I've been eyeing up

Festiver
                93 L find/5 speed
                BP/g15mr swapped
                Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                rustful

93 festie
                advanced suspension
                kai/skeeter camber
                b3t/g15mr

Comment

Festiver, you bought rims with a near 0 offset and with the wrong # of lugs, and now require a spacer/adapter which will push the rim out further and put more stress on the bearings... Not to mention the massive change in scrub radius. Really!?!

Patience is a virtue, the lack thereof can get you killed.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

One thing a Festy has going for it that's is 1000lbs lighter than most other cars. That means most generic wheel spacers and things are over built for a Festiva.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

http://www.ezaccessory.com/2_Piece_C...apter_s/75.htm.
                      Last one on the list.

Charlie, not worried about the adapter failure, it's the other parts of the car that have to deal with the new stress that concerns me.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                        Last one on the list.

Charlie, not worried about the adapter failure, it's the other parts of the car that have to deal with the new stress that concerns me.
                        The wheels I bought are positive offset +1/4 +just over 6mm not great but oh well one of the reason I'm trying to avoid spacing of any kind the wheels on festiver the one I've had for a while now is running 16x8 +0 with 205/45r16 tires I only rub at full lock and full flex but damage wise the balljoints are the first to go I know from experience used to have 2" spacers because ricer but luckily Moog has a lifetime warranty so I got another set and sold the spacers.
                        The reason I got the wheels is because they're awesome and once school starts I'll have daily access to a 4 axis CNC mill and 3 axis CNC lathe as well as manual machines and surface grinders I'll redesign hubs if I have to (kinda want to) then I could use trans am rotors and relocate my calipers or even swap to trans am performance calipers I know the aspire have more than enough power but heck why not in the name of brake fade prevention I have all the time in the world to build this car plus I mean snowflake's? Come on they're so cool and unique

Festiver
                        93 L find/5 speed
                        BP/g15mr swapped
                        Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                        rustful

93 festie
                        advanced suspension
                        kai/skeeter camber
                        b3t/g15mr

Comment

Last one on the list.

Also aspire swap thanks anyway though
                          Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                          rustful

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

Comment

Last one on the list.

Ya, I didn't notice they were 0 offset. That's not going to work. ET12mm on a 7" wide rims is about the minimum offset that I'd recommend. Those require at least -3 degrees camber to correct the geometry issues. It ends up working great.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Ya, I didn't notice they were 0 offset. That's not going to work. ET12mm on a 7" wide rims is about the minimum offset that I'd recommend. Those require at least -3 degrees camber to correct the geometry issues. It ends up working great.
                              Sorry for the late response but it wonder if it's can take festiva spindles modify or machin new hubs for the 5x4.75 maybe make shorter control arms hmm the strut is a bit trickier maybe an adapter bolted to the spindle to move the hole location to the front of the spindle and narrow the track width or just widen the fenders

Festiver
                              93 L find/5 speed
                              BP/g15mr swapped
                              Aspire brake swapped

89 festie
                              rustful

93 festie
                              advanced suspension
                              kai/skeeter camber
                              b3t/g15mr

Comment

Working...
                              X