Wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel spacers

Hey guys, I have 175/65R14 82H wheels that came with the car.
    The space between the spring and tire is almost non existent.. What kind of wheel spacers can I use for the car? It's a 91

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Stalin/5 spd/L/1993/Sold
    unnamed/5 spd/L-Plus/1991/Current
    htd

You won't need anything real thick. I'd just order some 4x114.3 1/4" spacers with at least a 60mm centerbore from ebay. Hint: 7mm is equivalent to 1/4".
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Better yet, the proper sized tire will fix the problem properly.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If they are not rubbing, why space them? Almost touching isn't touching, right?
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          I'm Not Touching You~:boxing:~I'm Not Touching You!
          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
          sigpic
          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            I was also asked this question several times when decided to get the coil spring spacer in. And apparently, I put it to be on the safe side. Because before I installed that spring spacer (the car was new for me then) it was uncomfortable for me to drive knowing, that there is a possibility that tire may touch the spring. So in my case, and from my experience, I would still install a spacer here.
            :ia:

Comment

""I was also asked this question several times when decided to get the coil spring spacer in. ""

Today came across my invoice for those spring spacers I installed.

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                I'm Not Touching You~:boxing:~I'm Not Touching You!
                BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by theFORDdriver View Post
                I was also asked this question several times when decided to get the coil spring spacer in. And apparently, I put it to be on the safe side. Because before I installed that spring spacer (the car was new for me then) it was uncomfortable for me to drive knowing, that there is a possibility that tire may touch the spring. So in my case, and from my experience, I would still install a spacer here.
                :ia:
                Not touching isn't touching

Yeah, really, I get ya, but especially the rear, the only to make it touch is a catastrophe, right?
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                X