No announcement yet.

14x9.5 RIMS, IM GOING INSANE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealies were made by a certified engineer. They esentually cut the lip off. Get a peice of medal. And weld it on well also bending it. Apprantly its a slow process.. also on the topic of air. Im going to get the air thing and some flamable spray of some sort. Start pumping in air and light them into place... this weekend hopefully guards come off. Bumper comes off. Tyres aired up and ill.drive it to ensure i have inner clearence...

Also i noticed i somehow got same pic 3 times. There were suppose to be two others. Ill sort it out tonight
    Owner of NZ's Lowest Aspire (festiva in nz)

Comment

Flame and compressed air is a BAD idea. The fact that an "engineer" did the work just shows you how much they don't know. The goofball extended the trough and not the barrel, making it that much more difficult to seat the bead.
      The best tool for the job is lube and a Cheetah (5 gal air tank with a 35mm valve and nozzle to put a large volume of air between the rim and tire).

The fire idea can get you hurt in a hurry.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Im not 100% sure how it was done. Im thinking about heading into a tyre shop tomorrow and seeing what i can get them to do.

Comment

THERE ON!!!! and they clear on the inside (havnt been driven on to properly test yet)

SO finial stages of testing this weekend AND THEN Widebody

(ooo and yes the guard is sitting on the tyre. I need to widebody to fix that

Comment

Looks fun keep us informed.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Can't wait to see some fat flares on this thing. Looks good

How much did it cost to get the steelies widened?

Comment

wasnt too costly. i tried to make the flares but all i did was ruin a guard. putting the stealies into a corner in the shed and they will most likely sit there and await the day i put in a bigger engine.

I checked with the local lvvta and actually need a cert for making the rear fit.

Comment

This is awesome,
                  I'm currently working on fitting a set of 15x8 to my aspire, have rubbing issues, so I'll be hacking the body too. Lol, making a set of custom flares though, so technically mine won't be a widebody.

Comment

the issue is the guard hits into the tyre and chews out the rubber. i had the issue on my other rims. Then again tho they were 15x6.5 at +35 and then a spacer slaped on it aswell. With these wheels tho the tyre is simply to large. I need to find a smaller tyre. hopefully somewere in nz a 245/45/14 exists

Comment

I'd be interested to see if a tyre that size does exist.
                      Mine are+10, so luckily no spacers required.
                      I'll be fitting coilovers this weekend and starting on the fenders,
                      Can't wait to see yours completed though. Should look killa.

Comment

Yea. im having a hard time finding something in that size. it will exist somewere. Bridgestone use to make a RE003 in that size

Comment

The Closest I can find to that size with a quick 5 minute search is 225/50/14 but the are like $140 each...
                          "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                          sigpic
                          "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                          "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                          "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                          "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Sadly NZ has very very strick laws on stretching tyres. To the point its just illegal. Minimum width is a 245/50/14, 235/45/14 would be ok. If i could find something of that size. 225/40/14 a common size (but still 240NZD a tyre) is not aloud to put onto a wide wheel

Comment

Don't they know that if done correctly, it's a performance advantage!?! Silly kiwis
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It can be an advangage. there was an excemption were manufactures said you can put say a 195/50 on a 14x8 rim, Sadly the issue was people started putting 195/50's on 9 inch rims. running em under inflated with plenty of camber. it eventually wore out the sidewalls and caused blow outs.

the law is not very old but its there

Comment

Working...
                                X