No announcement yet.

Favorite tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well there are 205mm tires on the wheels right now and I just figured since 205mm = 8.07in that would be best, I didnt actually look anything up lol. So since I want to use these wheels should I go with wider tires? Like 185, 195 or something. I'm not extremely concerned with the grip because just daily driving I'm not driving on the limit too much and I'll drive slow in the rain. My biggest concern would be high speeds because I travel by interstate/highways most of the time and I like to drive at high speeds.
    92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little stretch... I'd forgotten​ you were running 8" wide wheels. Go with the 185...
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

do you guys think these tires are legit? https://simpletire.com/michelin-p185-55r15-22102-tires says they are 0.92 cents a piece and I can checkout with the total price + shipping only $40! If that's real I gotta hop on that, but it seems to good to be true.

I like these tires, what do you guys think? https://simpletire.com/nexen-p195-50r15-12463nxk-tires
        but if you guys really think 185 is better, I would either get the ones suggested by team lightning or these: https://simpletire.com/achilles-185-...a1855156-tires

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
          do you guys think these tires are legit? https://simpletire.com/michelin-p185-55r15-22102-tires says they are 0.92 cents a piece and I can checkout with the total price + shipping only $40! If that's real I gotta hop on that, but it seems to good to be true.

I like these tires, what do you guys think? https://simpletire.com/nexen-p195-50r15-12463nxk-tires
          but if you guys really think 185 is better, I would either get the ones suggested by team lightning or these: https://simpletire.com/achilles-185-...a1855156-tires
          Heck, for simple silliness I'd order the 92¢ tires and see if the transaction actually went thru.

Comment

^ yup!!!

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

So I was just looking at the wheels today and I realized on the back of the wheel it says 15x7jj. I also realized that the link I originally posted has slightly different wheels than the mine. The lady said these were 15x8 and that's all I can find for this brand on the internet, but it says 15x7jj on the back and has 205mm tires, could it be 15x7?

Comment

So I was just looking at the wheels today and I realized on the back of the wheel it says 15x7jj. I also realized that the link I originally posted has slightly different wheels than the mine. The lady said these were 15x8 and that's all I can find for this brand on the internet, but it says 15x7jj on the back and has 205mm tires, could it be 15x7?
                It is 15x7

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you see the offset stamped on there anywhere?

Comment

In that case go with the 165s for sure!!!!

Comment

I don't know if the offset is stamped anywhere but heres a pic! http://imgur.com/a/q7Mbe

I liked the size 175/50/15 but couldnt find many tires for that size.

I have been looking into 165/50/15 tire sizes and I think thats what I'm gonna get, now to pick a tire!
                      Anyone have any specific tire recommendations? been looking at some cheap federals in that size i like. also saw some rather expensive continentals but I know thats a good brand!

Comment

I don't know if the offset is stamped anywhere but heres a pic! http://imgur.com/a/q7Mbe

I liked the size 175/50/15 but couldnt find many tires for that size.

I have been looking into 165/50/15 tire sizes and I think thats what I'm gonna get, now to pick a tire!
                        Anyone have any specific tire recommendations? been looking at some cheap federals in that size i like. also saw some rather expensive continentals but I know thats a good brand!
                        Offset is 38. Should work. Little closer to the suspension than you want for super wide tires and lots of negative camber but it should be ok with what you want to do.
                        Iirc mine are 6in wide with 36 offset and 165 tires and i have like 1/4in or so clearance with -2deg camber

Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-15-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                          Offset is 38. Should work. Little closer to the suspension than you want for super wide tires and lots of negative camber but it should be ok with what you want to do.
                          Iirc mine are 6in wide with 36 offset and 165 tires and i have like 1/4in or so clearance with -2deg camber

I don't have any camber in the rear, yet! hopefully they wont be hitting anything!

Comment

I'm running 185/60-14's on my daily driver. They are Douglas Performance GT. Don't laugh, the wheels/ tire combo did not cost me 1 red cent. They are 0n the 5 spoke factory Capri wheels that came with the '91 Capri donor car. Using Aspire rear struts which locate the spring perches higher up and using 10mm spacers I have no clearance issues in the rear. The fronts will rub slightly at full lock when hitting bumps. I may need to roll the fenders slightly. The 5 spoke wheels look like a natural on the Festiva and as for my spirited road driving the 185/60-14's work well. Obviously if you are going to see track time there may be better choices....Good luck!.
                            '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                            '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                            '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I don't have any camber in the rear, yet! hopefully they wont be hitting anything!
                              If you get those camber plates it shouldnt be an issue, i was talking about the front, but i still have stock front suspension so i shouldnt have said anything [emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                                I'm running 185/60-14's on my daily driver. They are Douglas Performance GT. Don't laugh, the wheels/ tire combo did not cost me 1 red cent. They are 0n the 5 spoke factory Capri wheels that came with the '91 Capri donor car. Using Aspire rear struts which locate the spring perches higher up and using 10mm spacers I have no clearance issues in the rear. The fronts will rub slightly at full lock when hitting bumps. I may need to roll the fenders slightly. The 5 spoke wheels look like a natural on the Festiva and as for my spirited road driving the 185/60-14's work well. Obviously if you are going to see track time there may be better choices....Good luck!.
                                Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.
                                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                                X