• william
    replied
    Awh that's why they fit so well lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    205/55r15 ! There's lots of options in that size.
    That's what lots of the miatas run at The autox .
    Didn't figure they would fit without body mods.
    ahhahaha I that is the tires that the wheels came with, the tires that are on them now are 165/50/15!

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    205/55r15 ! There's lots of options in that size.
    That's what lots of the miatas run at The autox .
    Didn't figure they would fit without body mods.

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    LOOKING GOOD FUDGE!

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    My tires arrived early and I got them mounted today! They just barely fit with spacers in the front! Here's a link and I am going to attempt to inset them to this post all fancy like. http://imgur.com/a/C7XoJ
    I like these wheels a lot and I am very happy with this tire size!

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    finally got the PHOTOBUCKET FIGURED OUT.

Leave a comment:

• Rick the Quick
    replied
    Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.
    better late then never, as promised pictures of Capri 14" wheels.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I extracted and then cut off my old side and turn signal terminals (both male and female connectors).
    I then reterminated them with shiny, new, brass, open barrel Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com
    You only lose about a quarter inch of length on each of the four connections.
    They are now ready for another twenty-five years of service.
    No problemo.
    I would recommend doing the same with the starter connector (larger .312" terminals).

--------------------------------
    I am following this thread closely. I have to buy some new rubber to go with my new suspension package.
    You should do a write up hahaha but yeah I dunno about that, seems tricky! You think its no problemo, easy peasy? I would love to have that done maybe ill give it a shot, not like its getting any better by itself unless im pounding my bumper hahaha

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I extracted and then cut off my old side and turn signal terminals (both male and female connectors).
    I then reterminated them with shiny, new, brass, open barrel Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com
    You only lose about a quarter inch of length on each of the four connections.
    They are now ready for another twenty-five years of service.
    No problemo.
    I would recommend doing the same with the starter connector (larger .312" terminals).

--------------------------------
    I am following this thread closely. I have to buy some new rubber to go with my new suspension package.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    Originally posted by fudge View Post
    Hey thanks I ordered tires from that website, can't wait!

So today I was driving and noticed my turn signal blinking fast so I checked them out. My front driver's side turn signal and corner light are out. I replaced both bulbs, and the bulbs I took out seemed fine, but they still don't work. Is this possibly a fuse problem? I can't seem to find my handbook so I figured I'd ask you guys which fuse to check.
    Corrosion. Pound the bumper with your fist a few times. If that doesnt fix it clean the corrosion in the bulb socket and connector behind the headlight
    Last 2 winters i used my red festiva i had to get out and pound on the front bumper every once in a while when it got read cold, lol.
    Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-20-2017, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Hey thanks I ordered tires from that website, can't wait!

So today I was driving and noticed my turn signal blinking fast so I checked them out. My front driver's side turn signal and corner light are out. I replaced both bulbs, and the bulbs I took out seemed fine, but they still don't work. Is this possibly a fuse problem? I can't seem to find my handbook so I figured I'd ask you guys which fuse to check.

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Im running tires from this place. I've Bought several sets with outstanding customer service.

pretty sure they have 165/50/14's also

the 50 series.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 06-18-2017, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fudge
    replied
    Hey so my brother ended up paying me early so now I can order tires before payday! I have been semi obsessing over tires recently as you can probably tell haha. I may end up getting the federals that I linked because I can get the whole set shipped for $200. I just got to thinking that I don't have to cheap out on tires, I don't want to cash out either lol, but I think I want to treat myself to nice on-brand tires. I am having trouble finding brands/websites that sell the tire size I am looking for (165/50/15)

You guys have any suggestions on brands, websites, or links to tires that come in this size? (or similar sizes)

Leave a comment:

• w4rkry
    replied
    Rick, I also find Imgur to be a great way to host images. They even give you a copy paste link that makes it immediately view-able on the forums, no extra typing required. I have had too many problems with the way photobucket makes albums viewable on mobile.

Leave a comment:

• FestYboy
    replied
    For performance, go with the 50 series. Your speedo will read just a touch faster than actual road speed. A 175/50 would get you closer, but you may loose some wet traction.

The 165/55 is tall, I'd only go that route if you were all highway.
    Last edited by FestYboy; 06-16-2017, 08:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X