Favorite tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.

Ok, they were on my '91 XR2 which I bought with no history. In 25+ years things get changed. Nice looking wheels for a Festiva in my opinion. They were a nice black matte finish which I come to find out is plastic wrap. Starting to peel which is no surprise. All said they look and work better then the worn out Kuhmos on the factory alloy 12's that were on the $200 pos daily driver. The car in front of me is a 1959 Isetta 300 microcar that I am painting. It makes the Festiva look like a Mack truck.
    Pictures to follow.......I need to hire someone to help me get them on here.
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 06-15-2017, 10:29 AM.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
      Do you use a phone or a computer to acess the forum? Either way a free site called photobucket is the easiest way. On the phone you just need an app. But get an account for that site, once your on it click upload, select the photos you want and upload them. Once their uploaded you click on the one you want to share and it gives you a link. Copy that and paste it in what your typing here and the photo appears in full size and resolution pretty quick and easy on my phone anyway

Ok, they were on my '91 XR2 which I bought with no history. In 25+ years things get changed. Nice looking wheels for a Festiva in my opinion. They were a nice black matte finish which I come to find out is plastic wrap. Starting to peel which is no surprise. All said they look and work better then the worn out Kuhmos on the factory alloy 12's that were on the $200 pos daily driver. The car in front of me is a 1959 Isetta 300 microcar that I am painting. It makes the Festiva look like a Mack truck.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I have a Photobucket account. At one time I used it to link my Craigs List adds to photos. I watched a tutorial on You Tube and got it down to a science. Now that I have not used my Photobucket account for a few years I am having trouble getting it to work with the Forum. Rather then me spending hours trying to figure it out I get a young computer guru to come by and solve my computer problems in minutes. All for a very reasonable price. When I first got on this Forum I used the attachment provision that is available when posting. It worked fine for a while, however eventually when I tried to post a photo through the attachment option I got a red exclamation mark when I hit the download button. When this happens I can not access the Forum for 24-48 hours. I guess the forum senses my photo files are corrupted? Too much information....sorry just didn't want you to think I was unappreciative of your advice. I will get it (Photobucket) figured out today and will post pictures of my ugly '91 daily driver with the Capri 14's and also post a picture of the intake plumbing on the B6ME.
        '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
        '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
        '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

disregard this posting.
          Last edited by Rick the Quick; 06-15-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

disregard this posting.
            Trying to get photobucket to work now?

Comment

I know eventually I have to just pick a tire but now I'm stuck between 165/50/15 and 165/55/15. It's the difference of 0.6inch lol.

165/50/15: https://onlinewheelsdirect.com/feder...5-73v-bsw.html
              165/55/15: https://www.tires-easy.com/brands/fe...?code=986I5AFA

Whatcha think?
              92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

For performance, go with the 50 series. Your speedo will read just a touch faster than actual road speed. A 175/50 would get you closer, but you may loose some wet traction.

The 165/55 is tall, I'd only go that route if you were all highway.
                Last edited by FestYboy; 06-16-2017, 08:48 AM.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Rick, I also find Imgur to be a great way to host images. They even give you a copy paste link that makes it immediately view-able on the forums, no extra typing required. I have had too many problems with the way photobucket makes albums viewable on mobile.
                  Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                  Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                  Feel free to PM me anytime!
                  Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                  Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Hey so my brother ended up paying me early so now I can order tires before payday! I have been semi obsessing over tires recently as you can probably tell haha. I may end up getting the federals that I linked because I can get the whole set shipped for $200. I just got to thinking that I don't have to cheap out on tires, I don't want to cash out either lol, but I think I want to treat myself to nice on-brand tires. I am having trouble finding brands/websites that sell the tire size I am looking for (165/50/15)

You guys have any suggestions on brands, websites, or links to tires that come in this size? (or similar sizes)

Comment

Im running tires from this place. I've Bought several sets with outstanding customer service.

pretty sure they have 165/50/14's also

the 50 series.
                      Last edited by Team Lightning; 06-18-2017, 08:08 PM.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Hey thanks I ordered tires from that website, can't wait!

So today I was driving and noticed my turn signal blinking fast so I checked them out. My front driver's side turn signal and corner light are out. I replaced both bulbs, and the bulbs I took out seemed fine, but they still don't work. Is this possibly a fuse problem? I can't seem to find my handbook so I figured I'd ask you guys which fuse to check.

Comment

Originally posted by fudge View Post
                          Hey thanks I ordered tires from that website, can't wait!

So today I was driving and noticed my turn signal blinking fast so I checked them out. My front driver's side turn signal and corner light are out. I replaced both bulbs, and the bulbs I took out seemed fine, but they still don't work. Is this possibly a fuse problem? I can't seem to find my handbook so I figured I'd ask you guys which fuse to check.
                          Corrosion. Pound the bumper with your fist a few times. If that doesnt fix it clean the corrosion in the bulb socket and connector behind the headlight
                          Last 2 winters i used my red festiva i had to get out and pound on the front bumper every once in a while when it got read cold, lol.
                          Last edited by ryanprins13; 06-20-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I extracted and then cut off my old side and turn signal terminals (both male and female connectors).
                            I then reterminated them with shiny, new, brass, open barrel Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com
                            You only lose about a quarter inch of length on each of the four connections.
                            They are now ready for another twenty-five years of service.
                            No problemo.
                            I would recommend doing the same with the starter connector (larger .312" terminals).

--------------------------------
                            I am following this thread closely. I have to buy some new rubber to go with my new suspension package.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-20-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              I extracted and then cut off my old side and turn signal terminals (both male and female connectors).
                              I then reterminated them with shiny, new, brass, open barrel Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com
                              You only lose about a quarter inch of length on each of the four connections.
                              They are now ready for another twenty-five years of service.
                              No problemo.
                              I would recommend doing the same with the starter connector (larger .312" terminals).

--------------------------------
                              I am following this thread closely. I have to buy some new rubber to go with my new suspension package.
                              You should do a write up hahaha but yeah I dunno about that, seems tricky! You think its no problemo, easy peasy? I would love to have that done maybe ill give it a shot, not like its getting any better by itself unless im pounding my bumper hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                                Pic of the wheels? 5 spoke only came on the 94 non XR2.

A 165 wide tire would provide better grip and give better clearance. But free is free. I have the same size on civic HX wheels and can't wait to ditch them.
                                better late then never, as promised pictures of Capri 14" wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X