No announcement yet.

Any interest in a new part for the advanced suspension? Rear spring bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job Ryan, if you are still willing to add to the production, I would like 1 set in black/clear 40a
    Thanks a Bunch

Comment

Nice work Ryan, put me down for a set. Black/clear is fine. I'm not in a big hurry. I am still shopping for my 1st set of coil overs which will need to happen before the B6T car moves out of the shop. If you pm me at your convenience And give me a total to New Mexico I will get the payment sent via Pay Pal......Cheers!
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I would love a set! Black on black with normal durometer, no rush Gathering everything for a summer engine amd suspension swap. Pm for payment and details? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mainline View Post
          Great job Ryan, if you are still willing to add to the production, I would like 1 set in black/clear 40a
          Thanks a Bunch
          Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
          Nice work Ryan, put me down for a set. Black/clear is fine. I'm not in a big hurry. I am still shopping for my 1st set of coil overs which will need to happen before the B6T car moves out of the shop. If you pm me at your convenience And give me a total to New Mexico I will get the payment sent via Pay Pal......Cheers!
          Originally posted by Cannibeasty View Post
          I would love a set! Black on black with normal durometer, no rush Gathering everything for a summer engine amd suspension swap. Pm for payment and details? Thanks!
          your all on the list! I pm people when I am ready to make their part. Thanks.

top 5 on this list here have been made, so 9 pairs.

1. John glenn one pair
          2. errjam/john 2 sets
          3. skeeters_keeper/nate 3 sets. Shore 40 A blue/black.
          4. clif dodd 1 set 40a
          5. ThisVelologist 2 sets: 1 white/black (40a), 1 primrose yellow/black (40a)
          6. w4rkry one pair, in red and black (either order), 40a
          7. joeboomer999 1 pair. black/clear 40 shore A
          8. mikemounlio 3 sets! 1 red/black (40a), 1 red/black (50a),1 red/black (70a)
          9. Trey Cherry 2 pairs black clear 40a
          10. rick roberts
          11. Paul Short ultra black everything shore 40
          12. Boken Shonen, 2 sets 40a
          13. Nicholas Andrew I'd like a moderate bushing hardness in any color. Preferably something dark, but not black (to monitor for cracking/wear etc).
          14. Charlie Whitney 5 sets
          15. fred kohrs
          16. Jeremiah Torrence ill take a black 40 pair 
          17. Rick Godwin I'll take a pair
          18. Logan Hassa I'll take 2 sets in white. If not white black works too!
          19. Harrison Hawley I'll take a pair blue and black
          20. Thomas P. Demaris I would like a pair 40a and blue
          21. TWFodor 1 set. 40A Orange/Blue
          22. Zman86 1 set in black/clear 40a
          23. julian pascoal 1 set 40a
          24. brad hazard
          25. sporkracing 2 sets 40a. red/black and black/clear
          26. festiver 1 set 40a light blue
          27. robotkarate one set in red
          28. fudge one pair any color (red, black, blue...doesnt matter) 40a.
          29. shorestiva 2 sets.
          30. tommy tremains 1 pair 40a
          31. maurice menghi 2 pairs shipped to australia post code 2166
          32. mara Iskander 1 pair 40a
          33. jptn I'll take two sets black clear 40a
          34. james davis 2 pairs
          35. Hulspowered 1 set 40A Blue/Blue
          36. Bravekosak 1 set any color
          37. Fastorbust 40a one pair black
          38. Chrisofna 1 set 40a black
          39. mainline 1 set standard hardness and colour
          40. Rick the quick 1 set standard colour and hardness
          41. cannibeasty 1 set standard hardness, black and black
          42. steven Bloomfield 1 set standard

feb 1, 2018 60 pairs
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-19-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Well, time for an update again. The 7 pairs I shipped to the guys at insanity made it safely. I had some trouble figuring out the shipping and customs but in the end it all worked out. The guys who also wanted the delrin spacers from Ryal got them.

Ben Rogers also went to insanity but I hadn't managed to get his bushings made in time to ship with the rest. I made them after insanity but ran into unexpected problems with shipping again and my sister got married last week but i plan to ship them tomorrow and they look great!

After I mailed the first batch to insanity I decided I was not going to drill out and grind smooth 240 washers. So I looked around and eventually found some I was happy with that I don't have to drill out.

Old washers:

New washers:

I also had some problems with my new inserts. I tried a couple different things to fix it but a few bushings ended up with cosmetic flaws that I am not happy with. This week I am going to try to get some new inserts made to fix that problem.

I also had difficulty with the colours. With my original plan of one mould it wouldn't matter how many colour combinations there was. However with 5 moulds to pour at once I found I have a very difficult time pouring 2 of them one colour and 3 another colour fast enough. The material would start to cure a little more than I like before I could pressurize the tank. Because of that I'm considering making these in order of colour combinations instead of who asked first. Its not really what I would like to do so while I am waiting for the new inserts to be made I will have some time to consider it. There aren't that many different colour combinations people have asked for and I really like how some of them look, just need to figure out a better way to do it.

When I finally got started it was a bit of a steep learning curve having forgotten I had to drill out all the washers, not accounting for paypal fees and not expecting customs stuff to be so confusing. However I have most of that figured out now I think and have gotten shipping quotes out to a few people now. Once I get my new inserts and figure out what order to do these in I will start messaging the people whose bushings I will make next.

Thanks again everyone for your patience!

Comment

Quick question, I might of missed the answer: I saw you are using an aluminum coilover tophat, it's okay to use the upside-down perch in place of that, or should I hunt down an aluminum tophat like you got?
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                Quick question, I might of missed the answer: I saw you are using an aluminum coilover tophat, it's okay to use the upside-down perch in place of that, or should I hunt down an aluminum tophat like you got?
                The upside down perch works great. This product here is just an even better option. I race with an upside down perch and love it. I cant wait to upgrade to these units tho.
                1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Oh jeez, sorry I'm blind the spring sits inside the rubber.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                  1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                  2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                  2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Ryan, the color really doesn't matter much to me. If it makes it quicker and easier for you, I will take whichever color is most common!
                    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                    Feel free to PM me anytime!
                    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

I’ll take a set color doesn’t matter much to me either whatever makes it easier for you. 40A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I didn't choose the Festiva the Festiva chose me

2001 Nogaro Blue Audi S4 (Sold)
                      1993 White Ford Festiva L (taken by the rust gods and a bit of stupidity on my part)
                      1993 White Ford Festiva L #2 (Autocross And Track Build)
                      2000 VW Golf TDI 5spd 315K as of 10/17 (Daily)

Comment

Shipping quotes

So I have gotten shipping quotes now for a few different people in the USA and the prices have all been the same so far with Canada Post. I did quotes on the websites from UPS, DHL and Purolator as well and they were always more money.
                        So, for Canada Post the prices I am getting are below. The USD amount is based on the current exchange rate im getting when I google it. Could be different tomorrow. Or in 10 minutes. Shipping could cost more to a different area of the USA but this gives a good idea probably.

1 pair untracked, uninsured $17CAD=13.50USD
                        1 pair tracked and insured $22CAD=17.50USD
                        If i can find a skinnier box or you are willing to provide 1 or 2 washers yourself. Old LCA to sway bar bushing washers work. (weight limit of 1kg for this cheaper shipping)
                        2 pairs untracked, uninsured $17 CAD=13.50USD
                        2 pairs tracked and insured $22 CAD=17.50USD
                        Boxes I currently have with all needed washers:
                        2 pairs tracked and insured $27.60 CAD=22USD
                        3 pairs tracked and insured $32.48 CAD=26USD
                        4 pairs tracked and insured $32.48 CAD=26USD
                        5 pairs tracked and insured $33.30 CAD=26USD
                        6 pairs tracked and insured $36.23 CAD=29USD

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
                        I’ll take a set color doesn’t matter much to me either whatever makes it easier for you. 40A

I have added you to my list, Thanks!
                        Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-23-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

So I have decided that I will try to get the bushings done for everyone on my list so far before I leave for the summer and anyone who asks for a set after now will go on a different list. I plan to leave on a trip June first this year and not be back till the end of September. I have a ton of work to do yet to make that happen, but if it does then once i'm back I plan for all orders will go through the festiva store. So anyone who asks for a set from now till thats all set up with the festiva store will go on a list for Ben and I will ship them all to him and he can ship them out to everyone. For single orders that will probably be cheaper on shipping anyway.

I did get my new inserts made! I tried them out and they fixed the problem I was having, but made a sharp edge which I have to trim with a knife so no one cuts themselves when they try to eat them....

(Ben got his bushings by the way...)

I just got another 6 pairs boxed up to ship out monday, another few pairs curing right now. I will update the list when I get the next couple shipped out. Again, sorry its all going so slowly. Here are a couple photos of the ones I just boxed up.

Last edited by ryanprins13; 03-02-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Awesome, just let me know when to send you money

1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Put me down for new list please! 40a any color is fine

Comment

Originally posted by trbo95 View Post
                                Put me down for new list please! 40a any color is fine
                                Will do, thanks!
                                Originally posted by Zman86 View Post
                                Awesome, just let me know when to send you money

Yup, i pm people just before im ready to pour their parts, take payment and then make the part. Usually just 2 or 3 people at a time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X