Suspension Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Lift

This may already have been asked and answered, however i dont got the time to go through and read all of this information. I want install some new springs in my 1990 Ford Festiva LX to lift it up about 3-6 inches. I like to drive over stuff and well last time i did it the frame of the car scraped across the curb. So i want to get either some new springs or an air ride system to lift the car up. Anyone know what kind of springs i would need or how i would do it?
    1990 Ford Festiva, 5 speed manual

one easy solution you can do right away for fairly cheap is get used or new struts and springs for an aspire sense they bolt up with very little to no modification and they are built to support a 200 pound heavier car, thats an idea for a quick fix but your best bet in the long run would be find some multi adjustable coilovers for another car that would fit the festy and just jack it up to its limit.

Comment

Does anyone know what the limit for a suspension lift is? I would like a good foot of ground clearance, but i dunno if thats even possible. If i got some 14" rims that would also give me alittle more clearance i think, wouldnt it?

Comment

well a smaller wheel will make it seem higher because you can see more suspension and such but i think it would only have the clearance of a smaller wheel sense it wouldnt be as tall as wide, not sure that it would give your undercarriage any more clearance, I would guess the sky is the limit for raising it though, just need to find a strut that fits and a spring that fits and the festiva will lift a high as they allow it too.

Comment

Well right now i am rolling on stock 12 in rims. with the same tires that it rolled out of the factory with. So i do need to get some new rims and tires.

Comment

Well you need to realize lifting your festiva up 3-6 inches is going to ruin its driveability, and yes this was answered last week.

Your car's front wheels are going to be so far pigeon foot'ed that you are going to eat through tires every couple of thousand miles. Also your rear end is going to push the rear tires down and forward when you lift it, do to the swing arms pivot point, if your 12" tires don't rub after 3-6" of lift, then your new larger rims will if you go that route.

Also you have to think of the short wheel base of these cars. Lifting them 6 inches, then putting taller tires on them are going to make them even more unsafe around corners.

Comment

Thats a good point, i didnt even think of where the center of gravity is on this vechical. Well i guess i'll just put some skid plates on the frame

Comment

They actually make off road vehicles than can run stuff over.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

but that would involve bying another vechical, and besides my little festiva can drive over 2 curbs without scraping too much, so i guess i'll just stick with it. lol eventually i want to put a roll cage in it and turn it into a rock crawler.

Comment

That would be funny

Comment

It most certainly be unusal to see, but i love rock crawling and i love my little festiva, so i figured i could combine the two and make my festiva a rock crawler. (pretty unrealistic i know)

Comment

^^get rid of the Festiva suspenstion and maybe mount the body on a Tracker or Samurai.. or hell even a shortened jeep.. That would make this besides the engine..

into reality!!

Comment

lol yeah I do it too a tracker, samurais are too cool to destroy.

Comment

For once I agree with you duritz :-)

Comment

I had a friend who just sold a hardtop samurai for $400, he was only asking $250... I wish I had the money at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X