Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitment of 13"x8" wheels... Pictures 56K beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitment of 13"x8" wheels... Pictures 56K beware!

8)

They are diamond racing 13"x8" steel 2 pc wheels w/0 offset. They fit perfect but do stick out from the body work about 2.5 inches... Not a big deal to me. I just wanted something to be able to mount some 215/50 Kumho V710's.. To those of you who aren't aware, the Kumho's are strictly a race tire and these are only going to be used for Autocross.

Front:

Rear:

After some paint...

8)

Bonus pic of my new street wheels:

Each weigh 9lbs 10oz...

Tell me what ya think! -Kyle

P.S. Someone buy the black Aspire steelies from me!!!
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

the gold wheels will look nice with the white

Comment

are you sure those new wheels are going to be wide enough?! :!: If nothing else you should have amazing traction... plus the car is less likely to tip over cause you're adding 6 inches to the width ... I'm looking forward to seeing those mounted with tires, it should be a pretty unique look.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm trying to not have to use brakes... :lol: It should look like a micro machine/matchbox car when on the car.. Hopefully I don't have to cut the fenders but will if I have to. -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

get ready to go through tierods/ends like no other...kumho v710 are some great tires though...my choice if i were to buy for autocross.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

BTW i have a set of VX civic wheels too...there light, and i love them. I'll be powdercoating mine red though

Comment

Nice choice on both counts. I can't wait to see the 13x8's with tires.

I really like the VX wheels, what size tires are you going to run on the street?

Comment

I was going to run the Falken ZE 512 175/60/13's but unfortunately Edgeracing.com doesn't have any in stock and they don't know when they are going to get another order. They also didn't have the 185/60's so I went to Tirerack.com and bought the Sumitomo 185/60's.. After reading the reviews on them I think I will be more than pleasantly surprised by them. Crossing my fingers.. -Kyle

Comment

I just saw the hoosier compitetion tire at tirerack....an R6 they call it.....might want to check em out. They are a little pricey though

Comment

Kumho V710 > Hoosier A6 IMO... And I can stretch the 215's onto the 8" wheels. Plus I'd save $150+ by going w/the Kumho's.. -Kyle

Comment

Aren't they going to totally screw up the scrub radius?
                      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Scrub radius? Not familiar w/the term.

Comment

Scrub radius is the distance between the steering axis and the center of the contact patch of the tire.

I think your scrub radius will be off a little, maybe causing a little bump steer, but it's not going to be terrible. It really bad when your steering axis no longer points to the contact patch at all. That's when you start wearing stuff out fast and having bad handling behavior.

Comment

God, wish my turbo junk had a clean strait body down the side like that Looks good though looks like a mini killer
                            "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

if you're going racing, do yourself a favor and keep the street tires or the aspire rims on the rear: it will help your car rotate through the turns. if you keep the 8" on in the rear, your car will push halfway through the corner and you'll loose time. i wish i had my 12s w/ me at my last event, i could have shaved 2 sec off my lap time, but my car pushed too much after turn-in.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X