Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitment of 13"x8" wheels... Pictures 56K beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse stagger? Really?

Comment

FestYboy, what tires are you running that you think would be comparable to Kumho V710's that would warrant such a change? I've Autox'd my Festy w/the stock 12's, 13's w/Falken ZE 512's, and 14's w/Kumho Victoracers. And I have never found I needed smaller tires in the rear. Just wondering. -Kyle
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

The Citroen DS series of cars used smaller rear tires deliberately. However, they were designed that way.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i was running Komo 512s on 14s and couldn't for the life of me get the rear to come around. the rear would stick and the front would start pushing, it sucked. i'm running in STS class so that may make some differance but the principle should remain the same.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
            i was running Komo 512s on 14s and couldn't for the life of me get the rear to come around. the rear would stick and the front would start pushing, it sucked. i'm running in STS class so that may make some differance but the principle should remain the same.
            Needs more adjustable rear Panhard.

Comment

Yes Jimmy is right, it sounds like you need to stiffen up the rear, stiffer springs or what I am doing, building a larger anti sway bar. -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

They fit with the Aspire brakes.

Comment

i used to have a thread on here about how i stiffened up the rear using auxilary springs for load handling. as it is now, i'll get .5" deflection in the read w/ a 120 lb laod in hte back seat, i can't say you can get that w/ stock springs
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Jimmy, are you asking if they fit w/the Aspire brakes? If so, yes they do. In fact I have the larger Auto Aspire brakes all around. And FestyBoy, I did notice the post w/the helper springs. I want to do something like that but I think that is just a band-aid rather than really fixing the problem. I'm looking into the Tein's or the possibility of having some stiffer rates made for me. -Kyle

Comment

No. Someone had posted above me asking if the Civic wheels had the same bolt pattern as the stock Festiva...

Must've been deleted...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
                        No. Someone had posted above me asking if the Civic wheels had the same bolt pattern as the stock Festiva...

Must've been deleted...
                        They are differnt. someone on a budget I would recommend xr2 spindle/big brakes for the front and keeps the same pattern.
                        "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

I just noticed this. You're mounting 215 wide tires on 8" wheels. I think they're going to be a bit stretched to fit. Ideal for a 195 is 6", you're only adding an inch to the tread width. You might want to look into the hoosier A6. They make a 225/45, which will be about the same rolling diameter and might fit the wheels better. The trade off is that they are about $30 more per tire.

I just realised sumitomo makes a 215/50/13. Might make a good street tire.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Yes I understand it isn't necessarily "ideal" but is and will work just fine. Miata guys run the 215/50's on 8" wheels and EVEN 9" wheels. In fact, the way the Miata community talks, it only helps having them a bit stretched. -Kyle

PS 710's > A6's...

Comment

Stretching a tire to fit a wider rim reduces sidewall squirm and improves steering response and stability.

Comment

Exactly. I asked a Tirerack guy about it and he said don't do it. But everyone else that actually AutoX's their car says that's the best way to have it. -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X