Any way to improve the aspire brake cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to improve the aspire brake cable

I was wondering if there was anyway to improve the strength of the aspire brake cable. It seems like I could whip my car around on pavement if I could just get my brake cable to tighten harder and faster. My berretta was really easy to whip around corners, even with wide tires.

when i put my aspire swap on, i just tightened the cable at the handle and it locks up great, but then again everything is brand new

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

IIRC, when I installed the Aspire brakes on that car, I had it set so that the e-brake engaged pretty much right when you pull the handle up. Could be the short wheelbase that doesn't allow you to "whip" around vs what your Baretta could do?
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that too, but I have seen a festiva do it on a Auto X vid, and I thought if I was to get into autocross that manuve might come in handy. I will have to see if I can get a thicker steel cable that doesn't stretch when you engage.

Comment

DaveG and I were at a driveline shop recently and they also made custom cables. You might check out one of those in your area if you want a beefier cable.

You could also pour a yard of lead into your spare tire well to increase your polar moment of inertia.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah but that would also decrease my acceleration and gas mileage, but thanks anyways Karl.... funny guy funny guy.

Comment

i tried tighten mine at the handle and it doesnt tighten at all

Comment

Working...
              X