Miniguns fuel system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniguns fuel system

Going to install this tomorrow, It will alos have a fuel pressure gauge installed

uses an-6 lines and fittinings
    1- fuel cell of you choice, most have 3 AN-8 fittings , supply, return , vent. ( reqiuires AN-8 to AN-6 adapters, see below)
    1- Fuel pump, walbro external pump, 130-225 LPH
    ( see other thread of fuel pump http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=92466)
    2- AN-6 to 10mm x 1. adapter ( for fuel pump)
    4 - 90 deg fittings
    4 - straight fittings
    2 - AN-8 to AN-6 adapter to attach 90 deg to fuel cell
    1 - AN-6 inline filter of you chioce
    1 - AN-6 roll over valve for fuel cell ( not shown)
    1 - AN-6 to FORD quick disconnect, supply
    1 - AN-6 to FORD quick disconnect, return
    Enough AN-6 line to finish the job

money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

hey are you going to run e85 at all? i was thinking of it i have pretty much the same set up with a sumped tank but i dont know if my stuff is compatible with e85, i ran all -6 as well and a magnafuel fpr

Comment

Im not sure of the 85 stuff, may be hard on some rubber style seal or hose but Im not sure, I plan on running 93 straight stuff.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

you got a part# for that pump? I find myself in need of something like it...
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          you got a part# for that pump? I find myself in need of something like it...
          I needed an external fuel pump that duplicated the internal walbro 155 LPH unit but had to have screw in fittings so I could install AN braided lines, Most that I found were just internal pumps with the pick up screen removed and a barb fitting stuck on in place.

Then I found some aftermarker units that had screw in fittings with the proper flow rating but were $170 -250.

It turns out they are rebadged Walbro units You can find them on ebay or automotive parts supply house for about $100-115.

The Walbro gsl393 is a 155 LPH pump with screw in fittings that are 10mm x 1.0 ( found it easy to get some AN-6 x 10mm 1. from Russels)

The last number in the parts number changes for the LPH rate ( the only differance is the number of windings on the motor)

gsl 391 - 190 LPH
          gsl 392 - 255 LPH High Pressure
          gsl 393 - 160 LPH ( some times listed at 155 LPH)
          gsl 394 - 190 LPH High Pressure
          gsl 395 - 130 LPH
          money pit

Comment

thanks!
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

fuel-pumps.net ftw

Comment

This is were I ordered mine from......

money pit

Comment

E85? Why would you run a car on that? unless you have a high compression engine there is no benifit to E85. E85 is actually more expensive, causes lessend gas mileage, and isnt very good for the enviornment.
                  '97 Aspire

Comment

second on the e-85 opinion, except imo the worse thing it does to the enviroment it drive up the cost of corn based food.
                    Later,
                    Ian L.

I need a tUrBo

'92 festiva gl b6 sohc,ported exaust manifold 2" downpipe, cherrybomb, aspire brakes, miata 14" steelies. commuter rod.
                    '95 grand caravan kiddie wagon.

Comment

E-85 is a joke. Now it is driving up the cost of LOTS of product.. beer, rice, corn, beans... all sorts of stuff... The reason being is that the govenment is subsidizing farmers to grow corn for E-85, and they aren't growing other crops, or corn for feed or food.. the ripples are getting bigger and bigger. The current E-85 policies are a MAJOR disaster, waiting to happen
                      Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                      http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                      My Garage Page:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Originally posted by billthekat View Post
                        second on the e-85 opinion, except imo the worse thing it does to the enviroment it drive up the cost of corn based food.
                        Actuall I beg to differ. It is bad for the enviornment. Ethanol take 8 units of energy to get 10 units out (evveicient eh) and most of that energy will come from coal. Coal is MUCH worse of a polluter than gasoline, and is a major factor in acid rain, smog, and the like. Then add that a lot of CO2 is produced in the manufacturing of ethanol.

So for the most part E85 is almost as bad for the enviornment as it is for the economy.
                        '97 Aspire

Comment

Working...
                        X