No announcement yet.

time for paint and bodywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you've done is perfect. It's not getting air in that's the problem, it's getting air out. You may have seen my post on aerodynamics in Sasquatch's belly pan thread. Your ventilation system there is perfect... the back of the engine bay is one of the highest pressure areas in the car. You may get a little more engine noise obviously, but the air flow for both your radiator and intercooler should be very significant in terms of improvement.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• You can cut the cowl vents from another car and weld them into the hood, same area where you have the vent now. I can't remember where I've seen a picture of this done. Looked factory, and a little different with two rows of cowl vents.

Comment

• thats a nice vent... i like it, not to rice, just nice i think ill try this on my bad hood to see if i like it on my car

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• i like that cut in the hood what did u cut it with to make it come out so nice

Comment

• send in the hood

Take the hood off and send it in to be professionally louvered with a die.
            It costs $1.50 per louver.

Comment

• Yo that's in Kelowna! Siiiick... I may actually get in touch with this company.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• 400 ton

There are also all kinds of shops across the States that do louvering. They did a lot of that back in the sixties.
                I wouldn't be surprised if they are still using the same tooling.

To make a nice louver the width of the hood like shorestiva wants, would require a 300 ton press to do it nicely + a big expensive die.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 10-22-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FastOrBust View Post
                  i like that cut in the hood what did u cut it with to make it come out so nice
                  Zip wheel on a grinder.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  Take the hood off and send it in to be professionally louvered with a die.
                  It costs $1.50 per louver.

http://www.hotrodlouvers.com/
                  Yeeeeeah..... no louvers. Just not my style.

Bent the top up alittle kinda hard to see but I think it looks good.
                  Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Subaru hood scoop

No red. The choices are just black or silver.

or get that metalforming tool/machine that the guys use on the Chopper TV show.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-25-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Also started pulling the motor and wiring again.
                      Last edited by shorestiva; 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

• that looks good, almost factory...

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                        Also started pulling the motor and wiring again.
                        what happend? did i miss somthing?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Just didnt run right and the block is wore out. It had 150k on it when I swapped it in the first time then I ran 15+psi on it for a year. Now smokes under boost and on decel. Im hoping that rewiring it (again) without the relay board and with shielded wires will fix the hesitation.

Way too many cars

Comment

• update?
                            91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

• Motors out, probly going to send out the ms to get checked in a day or 2. Also have most of the stuff swapped over onto the b6d block. Just waiting on some stuff before I finish bolting it back together.

My hatch popped a headgasket though so ive been trying to fix that. Ive sent 3 heads to the machine shop to make shure they arent warped and all 3 have been unusable. Sending #4 up tomorrow hopefully itll be good.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Actually acomplished something something on it.

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                                X