Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Hopefully you dont hit a speed bump and rip your tranny out :shock:

Personally i would re-do the mounts to raise it up, but i also wouldn't put purple on my car so if thats how you like it, then :thumbright: :lol:
    I would but then it'd end up being down for another month or 2. Im trying to get it to the track before the weather gets too bad.

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    was looking at the crossmember and ground clearance and was wondering if you could do a 2 bar style that still protected the bellhousing/diff seam but went on either side instead of right down the middle?
    I was planing on running 2 round tubes and bending them instead of cutting and welding. But we were on a deadline and dont have a good tubing bender.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Should hopefully be running again by the end of the week.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Well I tried to lathe some delrin control arm bushings this weekend. It didn't go well so I'm just going to just put out back together with the stock ones. I'm taking it up to the track in rising Sun on Saturday if anyone in the area wants to see me break my trans.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Way too many cars

Comment

• Well set a new best time then snapped the right axle lol

Way too many cars

Comment

• We hauled it up to cecil county saturday. Ran 4-5 times but was only able to get one clean pass. The solid motor mounts definitely helped alot with the wheel hop but it will still spit it out of first if I try to leave on launch control. Also it just doesnt want to go into second most of the time and if im not careful and dont take my foot the whole way off the clutch pedal it wont go past the launch rpm setting.

On the last pass I launched it and got about 60ft out then the rpms just shot up and it stopped accelerating. At least it was just an axle not the trans.

Last edited by shorestiva; 11-20-2011, 08:32 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

• so what was the best time you ran? ive seen people break the splines of intermediate shafts but this is the first axle i seen to break at the splines. I will say that tire must have definitely hooked! Check out Empi axles for replacements there about the same as a remand but are new and alot thicker then the stock/reman axles i had.

Comment

• I have a set of stock ones laying around so Im just going to put that in and see how long it lasts.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Nice! Let's just hope the axles keep breaking before the trans. Although I have never seen one break on our cars. Must be the slicks. Second gear is usually a pain, just have to make sure it's in before you punch it. I'd like to see some dyno numbers from the axle snapping beast!

Need to start a new thread time for track times!
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• I'm hoping it was just a junk reman axle. I think a few 323 guys have done it but it's not as common as the trans. If I can get everything working the way I want it I'll probably get it dyno tuned. The current tune isn't the greatest and probably isn't making that much power.

I know I've been meaning to start a new one this one is getting pretty long. There probably won't be any new times till Feb though when the track opens again.

Way too many cars

Comment

• updates? dyno ?
                      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Way too many cars

Comment

Working...
                        X