• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V8Festiva View Post
    Headers look great!
    x2
    Steve GT

Comment

Been busy as heck at work, had projects that had to be completed before Jan 1st for tax reasons.

This weekend I did get some time to work on minigun, I welded up the engine coolant lines ( this is the radiator end) complete with "T" to feed the heater core.

Now I just have to make a couple of radiator brackets, mount it and place some rubber section between the coolant lines and engine/ radiator. I did find out my SHO coolant fan motor locked up. I can get a replacement motor or just go aftermarket.

I have all the parts to finish the exhaust except the mufflers and they are on the way, just basic magnaflows.

Last edited by NovaSS; 12-28-2008, 11:49 AM.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Looks incredible as usual.
        How much longer do you think this build may take?

Comment

Well I just welding up the exhaust past the cat converters, soon as the mufflers come in thats done.

stuff to do....

install remote oil filter system
          bolt down cooling system, install cooling fan
          hook up throttle
          finish wiring

then I have to install engine covers, seats and finish the interior

As for the body. I have the rear bumper mocked up along with the front fenders and bumper. The rear quyaters are the only hard part left.

I could have it running in a a few weeks ( my goal) and want to have it done for spring cruises.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

TIG, glorious TIG!!! Nice work! I love the way the coloration on the weld heat zone looks on stainless.

Just curious... what were the max amps you had set for that wall thickness tube? From the looks of the beads, it appears you like to run the torch a "little hot". (My buddy at work welds WAY hot!!)
            Last edited by sam.1956; 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
            In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

I ran it hot with no filler, I think it was at 40 -45. I didnt use a purge line either since no body is going to eat out of it.

I will buff it out latter before the final install.
              money pit

Comment

looks amazing!! i want a tig..
                YOU WILL HEINZ 57!!!!

Comment

Can't wait to see more mate. Beautifully built.

Comment

Working...
                  X