No announcement yet.

My first engine swap build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the custom 3/4 car racing stripe! I'd rock that all the way down the length of the car!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

• WOW!
      I just came across this thread for the first time and skimmed through all your posts.
      Looks real nice!
      I bet it smells nice too now. haha.

Are you using the stock wheels with those tires or a different size?

Comment

• i agree i got a cousin who had a civic with a Acura Integra type R swap and a del soul stock he swapped the type R into the del soul and he thinks he is the coolest guy on the planet now... and i told him about the BPT swap that i want to do on my car and that it would give him a run for his money.. he started laughing so hard he cried and said something like a festiva couldn't beat a stock lawnmower.. and i would be better off buying me a civic... and i do admit that a Type R swap is a pretty good engine but with all his crap in his car and the way he shifts i think a auto BPT would be able to outrun him
        Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
        ^^ Not true. Just by me bringing Red to work i managed to get three people into festivas....2 of them already purchasing multiple festivas.

Be glad festivas are different, and not your cookie-cutter honduh. I'll give more respect to a person with a b6 festiva over any swapped honda d-b-k series.

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt_Awesome View Post
          WOW!
          I just came across this thread for the first time and skimmed through all your posts.
          Looks real nice!
          I bet it smells nice too now. haha.

Are you using the stock wheels with those tires or a different size?

Thanks, I got the wheels off of a 96 mazda protege. $4.99 each.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Some guy in a dropped S-10 pickup showed up at the ranch early this morning and replaced the cracked windsheild in my car. I had some donor glass off of the parts car. The guy knows his stuff and did a very professional job. I was impressed !! Didnt take any time at all. Just so happened the guy also had some alloy wheels with the aspire bolt pattern to sell me too. Whats the odds of that happening ? Later we hung out at the self serve J/Ys. It was excellent !! Also made a how to DIYS rear glass replacement video straight from the festiva ranch that I'll post in the video forum later.

Last edited by freshtiva; 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Nice update! Wes will be doing a windshield swap on my L+ sometime.. you guys find anything cool at the JY?
              Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 05-24-2009, 05:33 PM.
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Found some things we were looking for but not everything. I sent some stuff your way Ford for Life
                sigpic

Comment

• To bad that automatic trans case was cracked..... J/K Fred. I had a great time with Marcus, and the festiva ranch is a very cool place, secluded in the woods, but I tracked the place down. My camera was acting up so i didn't get any photos. Found lots of aspire steelies at the yards Fred, but i didn't get any for you this trip. I have some goodies for you though. I'll be getting wheels for you in the next few weeks, I wanna go up there when they crush their old stock and get new cars in.

I got at the junkyard 1 black mazda emblem for Fred, going back for a white lettering on black background one for you for the grill, 4 Mazda center caps like the festiva ones, again for you Fred, a pair of sideskirts for my wifes 99 eclipse, and a couple tan eclipse interior pieces. Fred they had 3 mazda steel rims on a 323 "bubble" 90-94. And a couple cars away a set of pristine 13" trim rings.

We saw ALOT of MX-3, one with every engine option, even had a k8 there mated to a 5 speed. Couple BP's, one B8, couple late model B6's *Fred*....one with 90k on it.

All in all i had a great time, wished i could of went to Rueben's house but had no spare time left. Told the wife I'd make it back by 6pm and thats exactly when i walked in the door.
                  Last edited by festivaWES; 05-24-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• For the record, Fresh does some top quality notch work himself, and has a BUTT-load of awesome rare parts!!

Comment

• ^Sweet! Thank you Wes and Marcus!
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see all of those wheels mounted on that car, looks like they are going to be sweet!
                        -Josh R

Comment

• looks like fun altho that goop looks messy lol... i like the rims

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Just thought of this. Are you gonna switch to studs on the calibers?
                            -Josh R

Comment

• Awesome stuff there !! Nice pics and stories

I really like those wheels Marcus !!

Hopefully some day , the wife and I will make it to the ranch .

I have got to see the prodigious amount of Festiva's that are ubiquitous at the ranch
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

• " have got to see the prodigious amount of Festiva's that are ubiquitous at the ranch "

:laughing3:

An eloquent rhetorical oration. Packrat you and Penny are welcome as rain anytime !!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X