Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
    No Marcus!

Hang your new mudflaps on the wall like rare Van Goghs!!

Then charge admission to see them!

Karl

I could build a glass case and mount them with the instructions as a back drop. I'd hate to get mud on these mud flaps.

^ Man that car is getting optioned out buddy . Spoiler, rear wiper gear, flaps, Pride taillights, etc NICE !! You just need a new FESTIVA GL decal. Yeah I think I've got a couple of used sets of flaps around, I think thats what I'll do.
    Last edited by freshtiva; 09-07-2011, 12:22 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
      I could build a glass case and mount them with the instructions as a back drop. I'd hate to get mud on these mud flaps.

^ Man that car is getting optioned out buddy . Spoiler, rear wiper gear, flaps, Pride taillights, etc NICE !! You just need a new FESTIVA GL decal. Yeah I think I've got a couple of used sets of flaps around, I think thats what I'll do.
      Hey Karl thats a good one, ya know Fresh probably has every option offered for these cars, actually more than one of each, so Fresh why not turn one of the walls in the machine shed, oh wait a minute turn the garage were you change oil, into a Festiva museum dedicated to the Festiva car and 1 each of all the options offered for this car, you could use Karls idea as a center piece. Your right i do need to find a new FESTIVA GL decal, i'm just havin some fun with these cars. Thanks Shadran for the kind words.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Got it sprayed today. Ended up doing a hood and some swoopies to match.

My buddy Mike hard at work while I supervise. Supervising is the most important part of painting you know.

pull the tape off and put it back togather tomorrow.
        sigpic

Comment

• I do like the color matched swoopies, i know you will put up a pic when your done, i really like the KJ Blue.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
            I do like the color matched swoopies, i know you will put up a pic when your done, i really like the KJ Blue.

Yeah its a pretty metallic but almost impossible to match. I almost wish it was a solid color. It looked real close to me tonight when I pulled some of the masking off. Its definitely glossy. Im going to have to wax the rest of the car for sure.
            sigpic

Comment

• Paint job

Your right about matching the paint, i'll probably paint the whole car, the Blue on the 91 L is ok, but when the sun hits the flakes as you walk by and how it shines, thats for me. it's gratifying to wax your car since you get instant results. Your friend that did the paint, how many years has he been doing body and fender work. Did you do the bumpers to.

Comment

• I'm calling the EPA. Your ruining the air quality...... Just kiddin' Looks "fresh" Fresh.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Your friend that did the paint, how many years has he been doing body and fender work. Did you do the bumpers to.
                  He's been at it for awhile. Here are a few pics of some of his own cars he has restored. He's got an other 59 elcamino and a 59 impala covertable that he is working on now.

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                  Your ruining the air quality......
                  People have been saying that about me for years.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you do the bumpers to.
                    Yes the other covers had some holes in them.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Paint applicator

Thanks for sharing the pic's, all of the cars and trucks look great, but that 59 El Camino, well it speaks for it's self. The Ranchero looks good and the engine detail looks great also and the 3 Deuces are always cool. Is that a Mazda steering wheel hanging on the wall above the Ford pickup.
                      Last edited by sc72; 09-08-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Love this car more now.
                        1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                        daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                        A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Is that a Mazda steering wheel hanging on the wall above the Ford pickup ?
                          I doubt youd find any Mazda parts in there.

Got my wheels mounted today. Going to an auction tomorrow but Sunday Im going to use a three phase buffing system on the old paint to bring back the luster and do some major detailing to the entire car. Probably mount the painted swoopies as well. My driveway is dusty as heck right now so hopefully it will rain enough to settle the dust.

Last edited by freshtiva; 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            My driveway is dusty as heck right now so hopefully it will rain enough to settle the dust.
                            You can have some of ours, we've had enough for a few decades... My girlfriend's house is currently engulfed by a collection of rain... (Google 'Port Deposit, MD')
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• I know this is bringing back a older thread, but it's funny.. my car I'm building right now is a exact twin to this build! Mines a 93' GL, same color and swaping it from ATX to MTX. The wiring was trashed on it also, and I am doing a late B6 Swap too! And aspire swap! We'll have to take some pics at a meet sometime Festiva twins!
                              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Cool Fred !

I had to go check to see if mine was still there. It was, but way to dirty. Disgraceful !! Pictures taken minutes ago.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X