X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lanemeyer14
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
    Lane - I just was able to look back at your completion pics - that thing is looking sick
    I like the way the bumpers look now that I see the lights in the front
    will you be shaving the hatch and utilizing the bumper licence plate?
    Yeah, it was a little challenge getting the festiva lights in that bumper. I was going to use the isuzu stylus lights that came with it, but I would have had to cut a lot out of the festy bumper support. Instead I just cut out some black plastic to make mounts for the festy lights to fit. I'm hoping to eventually be able to shave the hatch. I don't have a welder myself and don't really know anyone around here that could do it for me, besides Will(motoxpress), who said he would help. If there were a way to do it without having to weld I'd give it a shot myself!

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_tunner
    replied
    Lane - I just was able to look back at your completion pics - that thing is looking sick
    I like the way the bumpers look now that I see the lights in the front
    will you be shaving the hatch and utilizing the bumper licence plate?

Leave a comment:

• lanemeyer14
    replied
    Originally posted by taytay91 View Post
    Your festy looks great and im digging the paint job but what type of roller did you use? and how hard was it to mount the bumpers. And did your mirrors fit right on the festy off the mazda without any modifications?
    I used the 4" high density foam rollers that is recommended in all the "$50 paint job" write-ups. The bumpers took a good bit of work, but really wasn't that complicated....just a bunch of cutting, test fitting, and cutting some more. I'm not using the protege mirrors now, but they were easy to install....just have to enlarge the holes that are in the door where the mirrors mount.

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
    what happened to your windshield?

Looks amazing!
    The windshield was busted when I bought the car, along with the driver's side window. I think someone threw a trashcan at the windshield and busted the window to break into it. The windshield should probably be the next thing I get fixed....I could probably get a ticket for driving around like that.
    Thanks for all the other compliments and kind words from everyone else. I'm just happy I could turn a $100 car into something I really love!

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Great job !! Looks nice !!!

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    what happened to your windshield?

Looks amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Looks amazing! Great job!!

Leave a comment:

• Glow_Mouse
    replied
    mmmm mm! Hats off and tons of respect. I love how people can grab something that's done its dash, Pull it into a garage and revive it!

You sir! Are my idol! You and festymick.

WTB Spray painter to do my aspire.

loving it!

Leave a comment:

• hotfordcat
    replied
    She's a beauty for sure. I also like the color very much. I have a Harley painted that color.

Leave a comment:

• taytay91
    replied
    Your festy looks great and im digging the paint job but what type of roller did you use? and how hard was it to mount the bumpers. And did your mirrors fit right on the festy off the mazda without any modifications?

Leave a comment:

• JPT
    replied
    Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
    That came out REALLY good!!

Leave a comment:

• sasquatch
    replied
    that looks awesome!!!! i LOVE the color and the wheels!!!

Leave a comment:

• spiko
    replied
    Looks siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

Leave a comment:

• hotfordcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Smedley View Post
    Not to hijack Lanemeyer's thread, but I'm going to do it anyway, it's only a 27 hour drive. What's your hold up? Either that or plan a Black Hills meet and everyone can all come see you. he he
    I had other commitments this week-end, and couldn't attend. I would love to plan a Blackhills meet, but how many would attend. Plenty to see and do here, if you make it. Mid August would be perfect.
    Mount Rushmore
    Crazy Horse
    Devil's Tower
    Bear Butte
    Custer State Park
    Needles Highway
    Iron Mountain Road
    The Badlands
    Just to name a few stops.
    Last edited by hotfordcat; 10-03-2009, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lanemeyer14
    replied
    Originally posted by doylerl View Post
    I am assuming that is green tape around the rear window?... Looks very nice, I love the bumper mods that you have done to it. Also the wheels are SHARP!
    Yeah, I'm not quite done painting, so I left the tape around the rear window sill. I wanna do at least 3 more coats on the hatch and maybe 1-2 more coats on the rest of the body. The wheels are the good ol miata daisy's and I just painted the spokes bronze. I really like how they turned out, and it's a plus that I got all 4 wheels and tires for only $40! Thanks for the compliment!

Leave a comment:

• doylerl
    replied
    I am assuming that is green tape around the rear window?... Looks very nice, I love the bumper mods that you have done to it. Also the wheels are SHARP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X