No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no, you cannot just add resistance. Tachs are frequency meters, or 'event counters'. Basically, the interface adapter outputs two pulses for every three it sees.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• Get a msd box. you cut the little red wire so it outputs correct signal for a 6cyl, then hook up a tach adapter inline to the stock tach so it works. I have a MSD 6AL BTM and a tach adapter so my factory tach works.

Comment

• Page 4- Cylinder Select. You might want a MSD box anyway down the road so this will do it for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Drive it like a nearsighted, slow witted, paranoid old lady on Valium. :p

Karl
          "Oh Pot, this is Kettle, you're black!"
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• autometer monster tach

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              autometer monster tach
              money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                Thanks for the link, it looks like my best option for getting my tach to work properly, so i may use a small aftermarket tach until i can get one of those

And sorry, i'm not a fan of those huge monster tachs :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                  Is that a custom cluster? How about a close-up of that?
                  Also, what seats and shifter do you have?
                  That's a nice interior.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• This is a pic of a SHOgun

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

• well i've found an antifreeze leak unfortunatly, and just as i had feared the water outlet i had to replace, is leaking, and this is how far i have to tear the engine apart just to fix the leak

so in other words, i'll be pulling the engine this weekend :angry4::angry4::angry4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• man that sucks... I gotta get a move on finishing putting mine together... I have to learn to tell my family no once in a while first... been fixing everyone else's cars...
                        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Is there anything else you should replace while you have it out and apart? Cam/ crank seals, water pump etc?
                          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• turbo time
                            03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                            92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                            92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

• Ouch, I feel your pain !! Nothing worst than rework .
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Wow that's a pain.

Comment

Working...
                                X