My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
    Is there anything else you should replace while you have it out and apart? Cam/ crank seals, water pump etc?
    Considering its a low mileage JDM engine i'm not going to worry about changing the water pump but some of the other seals don't sound like a bad idea :lol:

I'm planning for saturday to fix the leak and i'm starting first thing in the morning and i don't plan on stopping til its all put back together

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Get lots of beer beforehand. And lock the garage from the inside
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Oh I already got the beer :lol:

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• that has to be the coolest sleeper ive ever seen hope to see driving videos keep up the good work
          1988 ford festiva-b6t in the works

1992 ford mustang gt - 12.49@ 108mph mild bolt ons n/a now single turbo setup dyno #s and times soon

2001 dodge ram cummins - edge juice with attitude,injectors, fuel system, built trans

Comment

• Originally posted by boosted92 View Post
            that has to be the coolest sleeper ive ever seen hope to see driving videos keep up the good work
            Thanks, here is post #621

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            My tach and heat gauges aren't hooked up yet and this was a very short pull in second just so you guys can hear the sound of it

drooldrooldrooldrool

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Oh I already got the beer :lol:
              MMMMMMM beer
              money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• Well i got the engine pulled this afternoon, pulled the front of the engine off, fixed the leak, re-installed the front of the engine and got the engine back in the engine bay

i didn't get anything hooked up to the engine other then the mounts so i should be able to finish it up tomorrow

Comment

• Mans that a bunch of work for a short time
                  money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

• About 3 1/2 hours :lol: you'd almost think i knew what I was doin :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      About 3 1/2 hours :lol: you'd almost think i knew what I was doin :lol:
                      Almost
                      money pit

Comment

• Here's tonights progress, its not much but it works :lol:

Theres only a minor antifreeze from one of the heater core hoses, that will be fixed tomorrow night and once i hook up my gauges, it is FINISHED!!
                        Last edited by Damkid; 04-26-2010, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• awesome job nice steady work lead to a nice finished product!
                          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• So you bringing it to Ohiostiva?

Comment

• Sound like a rod knock, better pull it apart
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• sick man, you better bring it to Ohiostiva! If it ever stops raining I'm gonna work my tail off to get mine ready to be there.
                                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X