• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm it's not heater hose, it will be fine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• not to bust balls, but the line reads: "3/8 id heater hose" according to the picture.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• says 3/8" heater hose 1# 048643- ..... LOL it ill be fine

FESTBOY BEAT ME TO IT :tongue3:
        Last edited by william; 02-24-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Rofl .... Chris you're a blind redneck...eh
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• I actually never read the hose til you guys said something

I picked it up at the hardware store, told them what I was doing, that's what they have me off a big roll

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Chris, it says heater hose in big white letters on it! Lol
              I used a formed heater hose on tweak for the turbo drain because my stock b6t one was junk and I was in a pinch. With a little trimming it fit perfect, and I was skeptical, but 10k miles later out hasn't leaked a drop and the oil hasn't broken the rubber down at all either. For anyone with a b6t who needs this hose it's Dayco pt# 87315. It's for a Metro I think.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• In the time it took me to post, the topic had been thoroughly discussed! Lol
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• When you go to the parts store ask for "transmission oil cooler line" works better in the long run. I've run mine for 4 yrs no problems
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Lol it's alright Charlie I'm confident this hose will work just fine though lol

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    When you go to the parts store ask for "transmission oil cooler line" works better in the long run. I've run mine for 4 yrs no problems
                    Lol tranny lines are too small for the fitting I have, the fittings I have are 1/2", unless there's tranny lines that big?
                    Last edited by Damkid; 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                      When you go to the parts store ask for "transmission oil cooler line" works better in the long run. I've run mine for 4 yrs no problems
                      The guy at Napa was like, "on what planet does a festiva require 10ft of tranny cooler hose?"

They do have tranny cooler line in 3/8 and even 1/2 inch.

Comment

• Or hydraulic hose?
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          They do have tranny cooler line in 3/8 and even 1/2 inch.
                          But is that 1/2" inside diameter?

Comment

• Yeah, it's really just a medium pressure petroleum resistant Braided hose. They sell the stuff in bulk at anyplace that sells heavy equipment hoses and supplies. Goodyear and gates are two popular manufacturers. Half inch is also referred to as 13mm.
                            Do you have a good amount of drop after the turbo? In the picture the hose seems to go uphill a bit, it's good to avoid that whenever possible.

Comment

• In the pic where the hose levels out, it'll basically go on a slight up hill from there til the turbo, so I should be ok there

With how tight it all is inside the car, I had to keep the return line tight to the block, keep in mind guys that I only have 1/2"-3/4" clearance between the front exhaust pipe and my rad fan, so if my piping/oil lines aren't quite optimal.... Well.... That's just the nature of the beast lol

Later down the road I may add a scavenger pump to the setup, but for now this will get it up and going
                              Last edited by Damkid; 02-25-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• BTW rockauto sells bulk lines by the foot. The size you want.

Coolant , fuel , oil , name it.

Comment

Working...
                                X