No announcement yet.

way overdue BP update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im sure youll be getting a good bit of pm's and comments about that hydro to cable clutch converter linkage. Didnt damnkid make one but not for this serious tranny?? I cant remeber...lol

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
      The AC goodies! I will have it ALL BP, G25mr 5 speed, AC, Cruise control, in roof sunroof, aspire swap, underseat tray, etc etc
      but where will you battery be in the car i suppose......
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
        but where will you battery be in the car i suppose......
        No, it will be in the engine compartment. I will select the battery size and shape based on the available space. I have used a motorcycle battery in cars before. Mower batteries will work. I may spend some money and get a small gel cell. There will still be some usable space.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Is your front motor/tranny mount still bolted to the cross member in the same spot as it was with the B3 in ?
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
            Is your front motor/tranny mount still bolted to the cross member in the same spot as it was with the B3 in ?
            Yes it is.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

What'd you guys do for the rear mount? This is the main thing holding me back from getting my swap done. The trans mounts...
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

fabbed it to fit.

Comment

k... pics? lol
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Sorry 8^) I'll try to get some.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post

k... pics? lol

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Is that using the festiva 5sp mount or the capri 5sp mount? Or does it not matter? When I hold them side by side they are almost the same. The capri mount is just a bit wider it seems.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Looking good Paul!!! I like the hydro to cable conversion too... hydro is just too much added complexity.
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Thanks Nate. That's dad's deal. He's been very productive. I'm considering doing a complete efi festiva harness swap. Looking forward to you coming. Any idea when you can get here?

Comment

Not sure on my schedule for next week yet, but I'll let you know. I want to get my bike back on the road too, I hope before the trip... it saves $$$ i gas. Nothing like being able to make it to roanoke for $2.50!

I always tell people that I can take a girl out for a 3 hour ride for $7.50, or take them to dinner for $20+... and they usually prefer to go for a ride. <3 lil ninja :p
                              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Did you have to smash the drivers side frame rail in to get the G25m in ?
                                sigpic
                                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                                X