My B6T build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B6T build thread

No I haven't actually started yet but with spring looming around the corner I am making a thread. I'm trying to get a few ideas and bits of advice before I get started.

Here are my current resources, my 93 Festiva L and my 93 Capri Xr2, both complete and running.

My original plan was to get the Capri in the garage, pull everything out I need, part the rest out and scrap it, or sell the body if someone wanted it. Then after I get everything I need out get the Festiva in the garage and get started on the swap. I planned on a full B6T and G25MR swap, and swapping either the Capri brakes on or doing an Aspire swap. I thought about the Capri brakes because I kinda want to use everything I possibly can out of the donor car. It was given to me by my dad and I kinda feel bad just ripping it apart and throwing it away. This was thought up sometime last year after Ohiostiva.

The year goes by and no swap happens, I get my T-bird back together and park the Capri since I was driving it. Winter comes and now its going...

Well Ive got Festiva fever lately, and I've been driving my T-bird since last July. I REALLY want to get this done now. I was bogged down by work but now I've been laid off so I have a lot of time on my hands, though not much money. The T-bird is only managing 20-25 mpg and thats costing me. I used to get 45-50 mpg routinely in my Festiva and that bothers me. I even got around 35 mpg on average in the Capri, so I know I could get at least 40 out of a B6T Festiva.

So now I'm getting desperate to get back in my Festy. I've thought about just swapping in the B6T and keeping the stock Festiva trans. This will save time from figuring out mounts and such. This way I could also have some more time to do things like adding an LSD to my G25MR and maybe do the 5th gear swap. I'm pretty good at taking it easy on the gas pedal (I did manage 38.5mpg in the Capri) so I'm not too worried about breaking the stock trans. The only thing I think I would need in this case is a pair of axles because mine were in really rough shape when I stopped driving the car.

All of this has to happen in my dad's garage, which is currently filled with my brothers junk. He has a DSM torn apart in there right now. I'm hoping that will all be cleared out within a couple weeks so I can get the Capri in there.

I do have a couple questions though, even after reading up on everything I could about the swap. I think I *pretty much* understand the wiring, and it will probably all come to my head when I get my hands in the cars. I'll probably be asking things when I get the motors pulled.

I'll be using this thread as a reference for mounting http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482

So with the life story aside, I will be updating this thread when I actually get around to doing this stuff, hopefully sooner than later. It would be awesome if I could drive the car to Ohiostiva.

I'll appreciate any thoughts and ideas.

That said, is there anyone in the Toledo area that would like to help out at some point? The cars are located a few miles north of Swanton.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Good luck man, sorry to hear about your job. I am looking forward to watching things progress and maybe learning from you as you go.....make sure you take lots of pictures.
    No longer a festiva owner

Comment

I'll try my best. I gotta get it done though, as much as I love my T-bird (it was my first car) its just costing me too much to drive right now.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Can't wait to get this going. I call dibs on the B3!
        -Donny
        -1992 Festiva GL
        B6D/E-series.
        -1991 GL
        BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Day 1 progress.

Can't really tell, but I have a lot of little things loosened up, snipped a lot of zip ties and such things. Started pulling AC lines. Ill get a lot more done when I can get the car out of the mudhole of a yard and into the driveway. Hopefully tomorrow.

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

already got the cai mod sick!
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

That and the Magnecors. Though hopefully the intake setup will be a little better in the Festy.

When I get the car up in the driveway I'll be able to go a little more wild with pulling stuff. Just need it to be able to run until then.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Today's progress. Motor is ready to pull. Just gotta get the gas lines and a couple wires.

Buncha pulled parts.

Does anyone know how I can move the car on the ground without the axles in? It seems like the only thing holding the hub on the knuckle is the caliper...
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

a bolt with some big washer

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

or get some festiva axles in there... even just the axle cups... thats what i have in mine

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Its out.

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Its out.

91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Man, you have two B6T engines.:p Haha
                          '90 LX

Comment