My b6t Capri Engine/Trans swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My b6t Capri Engine/Trans swap

This is the EARLY stages of the "swap". Thus far, I have a Festiva that runs/drives fairly well with a decent body. Picked up a Capri XR2 that runs/drives for cheap. 1st things 1st. Tear apart Capri.

This will be a lengthy and time consuming write up as I have MANY other things to take care of in between. I didn't have the room to store the Capri anymore, so time to tear it down. Removed everything useful from the rear of the car including the suspension and fuel tank, chopped the rear off and scrapped it last weekend. This week has been methodically taking everything off the front for 2 hours each evening.

Cool, I'll be tuned in.
    '90 LX

Comment

price

how much did you pay for a running xr2

Comment

Running with a title and delivered to my house (from 100 miles away) for $500. Will easily get more than that for the parts I don't use.

Comment

Lucky you. $500 is a steal. Delivered is robbery.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Picked it up less than a week before Xmas with expired plates. I think the guy was being harrassed by the city (I found some notes from the code enforcement folks in the car) and that he needed the $.

Comment

How much did you get for scrapping the rear end of the capri?
              -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
              -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

Surprisingly, for 1/2 a car, I got $38. Tore most everything else off the front 1/2 last night, so it will hopefully go to the crusher this morning. I also sold the headlights for $90 and the pair of wiper arms for $10. Not a bad return so far, with plenty more parts to sell off.

Comment

Keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions.
                  Will
                  Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                  187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Got $26 for the front of the car. Keep in mind that I took everything off it that was bolted down. Updates hopefully to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by 94mx5 View Post
                      Surprisingly, for 1/2 a car, I got $38. Tore most everything else off the front 1/2 last night, so it will hopefully go to the crusher this morning. I also sold the headlights for $90 and the pair of wiper arms for $10. Not a bad return so far, with plenty more parts to sell off.
                      Awesome, thanks cuz i'm trying to do the same with my capri. Sounds like you got a really good price for your head lights
                      -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
                      -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

Comment

So far all the parts have been sold on CL and shipped out of state. Apparently there isn't as much need here for Capri parts as in other locations.

Comment

Sold off $280 of parts locally today. $100 pass door w/mirror, $100 trunk with wing, $40 for windshield/mirror, $40 for torn top on frame.

Also have a front turn lens sold for $15 plush shipping and the speedo cable for $30 plus shipping.

I think that at this point I am even on the $500 price of the car with a good pile still left to sell off.

What I have kept is all the drivetrain/brakes. Will this stuff bolt right onto the Festy? Shocks/springs? Calipers/rotors? I know the wheels are the same pattern and kept them for this reason. If I can use the stuff, I will keep it, otherwise would love to get it gone.

Comment

You can use the capri front brakes on a festiva if you use aspire LCA's along with them, They would be a upgrade from the stock brakes.
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I thought I read that the Aspire LCA is unnecessary with the G25mr and capri axles?
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                              X