No announcement yet.

Matts B3 build step 1 N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wont be able to get every thing downloaded till tomarrow, sorry be patient!
    PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Would you be interested in building a couple of motors for profit ?
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Just for fun, I'm going to take a guess, based on the following info entered into Desktop Dyno. It will be cool to see how far off it is. It should be able to get pretty close if you know the exact head flow #'s and cam specs.

2.795 bore X 3.29 stroke
        1.411" intake valve
        1.299" exhaust valve
        11:1 comp
        Fully ported head (estimated port flow based on canted valves & oval ports)
        400CFM intake flow (stock throttle body, naturally aspirated)
        Small tube header w/muffler
        Stock cam (estimated .400"/.400" lift, 256 Deg duration, 116 Deg lobe centers, 4 Deg adv)

97HP @ 5500 (flywheel)
        103Lb-Ft @ 4000
        92% VE @ 4500
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

You guys with all your numbers...................It's all just for looks.........
          ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
            Just for fun, I'm going to take a guess, based on the following info entered into Desktop Dyno. It will be cool to see how far off it is. It should be able to get pretty close if you know the exact head flow #'s and cam specs.

2.795 bore X 3.29 stroke
            1.411" intake valve
            1.299" exhaust valve
            11:1 comp
            Fully ported head (estimated port flow based on canted valves & oval ports)
            400CFM intake flow (stock throttle body, naturally aspirated)
            Small tube header w/muffler
            Stock cam (estimated .400"/.400" lift, 256 Deg duration, 116 Deg lobe centers, 4 Deg adv)

97HP @ 5500 (flywheel)
            103Lb-Ft @ 4000
            92% VE @ 4500
            couldnt flow test head, dont have cyl flow tube thats correct size .o30 off will make numbers way off est. around 100-110 cfm int. 77-85 cfm exh. ...... but very close! i've got a warped head i'm going to bandsaw in pieces to measure port wall thickness to tell how much room i've got to open the ports up towould like to see 140 - 110 cfm. gonna put on turbo next and maybe a cam.

Comment

b3 cumbustion chamber is penroof design, much like a 4v 4.6 only w/ 2valves . intake valve is shrouded very bad in stock form to promote low lift swirl if you look at my head the chamber was changed quite dramaticly , can be made quite efficient actully.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                couldnt flow test head, dont have cyl flow tube thats correct size .o30 off will make numbers way off est. around 100-110 cfm int. 77-85 cfm exh. ...... but very close! i've got a warped head i'm going to bandsaw in pieces to measure port wall thickness to tell how much room i've got to open the ports up towould like to see 140 - 110 cfm. gonna put on turbo next and maybe a cam.
                The flow#'s I was using were a lot higher. Not surprising since the standard flow tables are based on small block "brand X" heads. Even the "low performance stock" tables are based on stock 2.02 heads. Using 110 cfm (@28" H2O drop) intake and 85 cfm exhaust at .500" lift and interpolating lower lift values from there, I used the following flow table. I may be a little aggressive on the lower lift flow:

LIFT INT EXH

.100" 51.7 49.8
                .200" 63.0 56.0
                .300" 71.0 61.0
                .400" 98.0 78.0
                .500" 110.0 85.0

The outcome was much better, showing the importance of port velocity and proper matching of components:

109HP @ 6000
                105Tq @ 4500
                94.4% VE @ 4000

Interesting that it shows 106HP to 109HP from 5500 thru 7000 and over 100Tq from 4000 thru 5500. Nice street motor. Can't wait to see the real results!
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I've got a blown head gasket B3 sitting in my garage... It is so tempting to do something like this.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Do you really need a video or anything to tell us the numbers? Just tell us the numbers already!
                    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Yep cause the 1st things everyone is going to do is call shens without pics.
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Here's my dyno graph! whats nice is how flat the torque curve is, from before 3000 rpm to nearly 5000 rpm, when driving the car I'm at peak torque at virtually any rpm! My intake and cam timing shifted rpm band to usable range, that won't cause damage. These numbers are a little low as mustang dynos tend to give underrated figures.

HP = 71 @ 5200 rpm = 85hp at crank
                        Torque = 81 @ 3800 rpm = 97ftlbs at crank
                        (estimate another 10 hp with more tuning, having a lean/rich issue to sort out)

Video to come!!

Comment

Man, torque comes in llllooooowww. Nice.
                          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

did you switch to diesel? lol jk... nice

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Wonder how the mpg's are compared to stock. That low end torque is great for mpg.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Where could I get some if those valves?

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X