No announcement yet.

Matts B3 build step 1 N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ i asked him the same question.. i still want a set and his intake..

Comment

Whatcha workin on now b r o t h e r?
      ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

To me this thread translates into incentive. Good to see someone going in the direction I'm hoping to. Excellent thread! I'm lookin forward to a video.

Comment

Hope this doesn't offend you but with the hours you put into the intake alone you could have a nice bp car.

And a bp would stomp that little b3 ( i know this will change with time, turbo etc...)
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

but then his car would be like ours... just another festiva with a bp swap.... who can say they have a stock 1.3L that can run with the bp cars....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That low rpm flat torque curve looks real nice. Over 20 hp gain.

I'd like to see this done on a B6, especially if the mpgs are not affected too much if one drives carefully and takes advantage of that torque curve.

Looks like his intake mods and short air intake pipe, etc. may also be lighter than stock.

I'm still wanting a 110 to 120 hp N/A B6 with good drivability and fuel economy. Matt's mods may be the way to go.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                but then his car would be like ours... just another festiva with a bp swap.... who can say they have a stock 1.3L that can run with the bp cars....
                Amen brother.......someone who gets it
                ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                  Amen brother.......someone who gets it
                  i agree as well, there's always an easier way to get more power and for someone who has the skill and ambition to do what most people shy away from since there's any easier way, i give you great props for seeing what kind of power can potentially be made from a wee little B3

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

The battle between small engines in festivas vs "big" engines in festivas is pretty much the same as building up festivas vs building up more popular cars.

Festivas are the underdogs of the performance world and B3's are the underdogs of the festiva world.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Honestly though, he probably didn't spend a terrible amount on this because he did the work himself. The most money he probably spent was the money for the valves.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

The valves are available exclusively through my shop (DAE ),I also have 6 cam grinds now ,N/A STAGE 1,2,3. F/I STAGE 1,2,3. Cams cost 179.00 ,valves cost 200.00, Developing more parts as we speak! Ideas for parts you would like to see produced are welcome.
                        PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                          The valves are available exclusively through my shop (DAE ),I also have 6 cam grinds now ,N/A STAGE 1,2,3. F/I STAGE 1,2,3. Cams cost 179.00 ,valves cost 200.00, Developing more parts as we speak! Ideas for parts you would like to see produced are welcome.
                          Cams at that price would have to involve our core...correct?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                            What about valve springs?

Also, I don't know if your aware, but the Aspire 1.3 had a cam with roller followers (which have been discussed to death on this site). I always thought a custom grind on an Aspire base cam would be just the ticket. I assume it should be possible to reap the same "area under the curve", ramp speed & drivability benefits as with any V8 roller cam. What are your thoughts on this?
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I'm aware of the aspire roller rockers. The rocker ratio is the same ,as is roller contact to lobe measurments as the flat slide rocker of festivas. My cams will work with all three types, adjustable rockers bolt right on, hydraulic rockers use supplied lash caps. Using aspire rockers would reduce frictional loses in the valve train.

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
                                Cams at that price would have to involve our core...correct?

Yes, as no cam manufacturer makes blanks for the b3 that i can purchase.
                                But using cores dramaticly reduces production cost which can be past on to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X