No announcement yet.

My '91 Hot Hatch Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't care much for the look of roof racks plus i've never had the need for them, they are very useful for the person who would use them though, but i will say you did a great job on the install :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      I personally don't care much for the look of roof racks plus i've never had the need for them, they are very useful for the person who would use them though, but i will say you did a great job on the install :thumbright:
      Thanks, I appreciate that.

Went back to the u-pull it today, managed to grab two mud flaps for the Festiva (need to find two more), a new radio antenna from an '02 Focus (with wiring), a led third brake light, a trailer hitch and brackets to mount my Yakima ski/snowboard stuff to the roof rack. Gonna be a busy weekend. :glasses8:
      James
      Phoenix, Arizona
      --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
      '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
      '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
      '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
      My SuperMotors Page

Comment

Keep it up! I am working on *finally* getting the last couple of things done (Thanks Oscar!) on our Smurffy...... as if I will ever be done with any car....

Michael
        Have owned 9 so far
        White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
        Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
        Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
        Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
        Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Originally posted by m715 View Post
          Keep it up! I am working on *finally* getting the last couple of things done (Thanks Oscar!) on our Smurffy...... as if I will ever be done with any car....

Michael
          I really like those rims.
          James
          Phoenix, Arizona
          --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
          '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
          My SuperMotors Page

Comment

They are the old Konig Divas. I have had those on just about every one of my cars at one point or another with MANY different sets of tires!
            Still like those pics of the STI. I may have hood scoops on Festivas, but it just isn't the same thing....

Michael
            Have owned 9 so far
            Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!

Comment

BTW, have you looked into the Kia mud flaps? If you don't do the skirts, they are really nice moulded ones that just don't have the Festiva script on them. They have popped up for sale in the past for a pretty reasonable price. I think I gave 25.00 or so for mine IIRC.

Michael
              Last edited by m715; 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM.
              Have owned 9 so far

Comment

BTW, have you looked into the Kia mud flaps? If you don't do the skirts, they are really nice moulded ones that just don't have the Festiva script on them. They have popped up for sale in the past for a pretty reasonable price. I think I gave 25.00 or so for mine IIRC.

Michael
                I didn't know the Kia flaps worked. I already have have half of a set from the u-pull it yard (not festiva style) so I am looking for a matching pair.

Also have an update for today as I managed to get a few things done to the Festiva.

I got my Ford Focus radio antenna mounted and wire ran, works great and looks good, just need to get a new mast as this one is bent and missing the cover for the spring.

Did the blinker mod front and rear, best free mod out there. I don't know why I never did this mod to my last two Festiva's.

Got my new LED third brake light installed. It's the light bar you see on the top of GM Safaris and some Suburbans. I also wired in my Kissan taillight modulator so it blinks when you apply the brakes.

I'll have pics later.
                James
                Phoenix, Arizona
                My SuperMotors Page

Comment

Really loving that dash clock 12v install! That's set up exactly the way I want, except I have a BlackBerry instead of an iPod. I'd like to go a little farther and add two for the rear seats as well, and one in the back to power my Coleman PowerChill thermoelectric cooler.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I must have missed the blinker mod. What does it do, move the turn signal to the side marker?

Michael
                    Have owned 9 so far

Comment

I must have missed the blinker mod. What does it do, move the turn signal to the side marker?

Michael
                      Not quite, with the headlights off the side marker and the turn signal blink together. When the headlights or parking lights are on then they alternate blinking.

Here is a link for the front blinker mod and then the link for the rear blinker mod....

Front Blinker Mod

Rear Blinker Mod
                      James
                      Phoenix, Arizona
                      My SuperMotors Page

Comment

Thanks! I may try to do that.

Michael
                        Have owned 9 so far

Comment

Thanks! I may try to do that.

Michael
                          It's a cool mod, makes the front more noticeable also since I put in 921 bulbs in the corners lights instead of the stock small bulbs which are the 168/194 style. The 921 bulb has the same base as the stock bulb but is the same wattage as the turn signal and you just have to enlarge the hole a little so the bigger bulb will fit.

Here is a pic of my new radio antenna installed and my third brake light.

The third brake light is a temp mount, I still don't have a headliner in yet so final install will be later. I'll try to get some video of the third brake light, it is bright even behind the tint and the modulator works great.
                          James
                          Phoenix, Arizona
                          My SuperMotors Page

Comment

Working...
                          X