1993 L.. The Rebuild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 L.. The Rebuild...

As most of you guys know I rebuilt this car before, along with the help of festivaWES on alot of stuff along the way.. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22582

Fast forward to now:
    I'm completely rebuilding the car this time, going all out. It is going to take a while to completely finish it, but it will be really nice when done.

So far I've stripped the engine bay, sanded and primed it.. here's the pics

I shaved the brackets that won't be used off the core support, the car is going to get a engine swap.
    Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 07-03-2010, 08:43 PM.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

looking

good. good luck. will stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by BEASTS'TIVA View Post
      good. good luck. will stay tuned
      Thanks!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

Wow, great start! Gonna be super-clean I see.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

you got to stop switching cars man lol jk.... looks good, keep it up and it will look great!!! have you decidied what motor is going in?

bp? i wouldnt use anything else lol....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Wow, great start! Gonna be super-clean I see.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            you got to stop switching cars man lol jk.... looks good, keep it up and it will look great!!! have you decidied what motor is going in?

bp? i wouldnt use anything else lol....
            lol, this is my only Festiva now. Thanks! I think a B8 or BP is what I'll do

Comment

This should be a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

1st coat of paint is on the bay!!

Close ups of where the brackets used to be..

Painted!

Paint is kinda close to the color of my Honda VX wheels that are going on the car, I think it's gonna look sweeet

Comment

Oh man, that does look good. Nice work so far. Keep at it. Hopefully this will be the last rebuild thread for this car??

I'm subscribed.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                  1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                  1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                  Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                    Oh man, that does look good. Nice work so far. Keep at it. Hopefully this will be the last rebuild thread for this car??

I'm subscribed.
                    Thanks! Should be the last one

Comment

I'll bet you said that before, eh?:p

Looks good Fred. I'm liking that gun metal gray. Now, back to work, you.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                        I'll bet you said that before, eh?:p

Looks good Fred. I'm liking that gun metal gray. Now, back to work, you.
                        lol yep :p

Thanks again, well I would but it started raining Probably going to take the rest of today off.. I'll have some more progress on the engine bay next week for sure

Comment

This looks like it's gonna be a great rebuild!
                          '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                            This looks like it's gonna be a great rebuild!
                            Thanks!

Rain went away so I went back at it, painted the underside of the passenger engine mount bracket then installed it, and gave the bay a 2nd coat.

Next I'll start working on repainting all the underhood brackets and everything, then start reassembly of the bay.

Comment

i like that color, very nice choice

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X