Ported B6T Intake Manifold
    Kia Rio Top Strut Mounts
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• 1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• I really like those white wheels!
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• ya, those are some pretty new looking wheels... (inside joke...)

looking good aaron, glad you made it home safe

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

• those are gangster!!! totally change the cars apperance

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aaronbrook37;572547]A taste of what's to come this weekend.

This is my JDM (yes, it's actually from Japan) Asus EEEPC 901. I'm going to be running some software called Winlog, with a USB connectivity to my LSU and power supply on the wideband datalogger. The gauges read: AFR, RPM, Boost/Vac, EGT, Fluid Temp, AIT, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure. I have sensors and hookups for all of those except for fluid temp. On the right are readouts for the unit's temperature, the battery voltage, cornering G's, and acceleration G's. On the bottom is the datalogger, up to which I have hooked AFR/RPM/Boost/EGT/AIT for monitoring purposes.

Gonna leave this mini-pc chilling on my dashboard or in my lap in the passenger seat while Sasquatch helps me test things out. Should have it all hooked up and ready to rock and roll by Monday. Man very empressive Dude! Really Cool what you got going on.
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• awesome! are you going to try to turn up the boost ?

Comment

• Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  awesome! are you going to try to turn up the boost ?
                  I'm gonna wait til the gauges and datalogger go in. I want to know what my motor's doing before I mess with it any further. Besides, with all of the mods I have and the VJ11 bigger turbo, I can easily spin the tires a little bit in third. That's plenty of power for a grocery getter hehehe. I think I'll run 8psi as daily boost and then maybe more for autocross and extra fun on weekends or something.

Comment

• TURN IT UP!!!!!

Comment

• What's coming up in the next couple weeks for the car? Mostly boost support mods and a couple of bolt-on's. I want reliability and power, which means I sacrifice cheap in the triangle equation infamous to the tuning circuit. But I'm okay with that. Here's what is on the menu.

1. Gauges. They aren't in yet because I need a pin-out for the Bosch LSU before we can get it hooked up. As you can see on the previous page, we're going to have datalogging and gauge display capability for a plethora of things from AITs to Vacuum. This will ensure the motor is running well enough and stoich enough to crank up the boost without too much trouble. I believe there will be 8-10 sensors on the car once we're done with it.

2. KYB Strut Mounts and Moog Swaybar Bushings. I stupidly only had one of each of these, assuming they'd provide enough for the whole car. As such, the swaybar-control arm bushings and strut mounts are still stock. The lightweight Honda VX rims are a piece of cake to turn and spin compared to the previous steelies, and there is so much more feel in the steering wheel. This will complete the rubber replacement on the front end including tie rods and balljoints and all of the other bushings.

3. Larger downpipe and porting work. These are the remaining parts in the airflow equation that I need to hog out before we open up the motor and work on the cylinder head. I have a spare intake manifold to hog out, and all of the raw materials for the downpipe are on their way. It'll make for a 2.5" turbo-back exhaust system and ensure my motor is breathing as efficiently as possible. I'm leaving the throttle body stock for now though because of the small plenum size.

4. Axles. Mine click and the boots aren't great either, and I'd like to get some with a lifetime warranty in the event that things go sour. I'm sticking with the E-series for now because I can drive it pretty conservatively given my turbo doesn't begin to spool until about 2750 give or take a few revs. I may be one of the few members who will eventually push 200+HP on the E-series. Fingers crossed!

5. Motor Mounts. We're getting a lot of shudder and rattling on launch even conservatively. The throwout bearing needs replacement, but it's also the motor mounts, which have over 500K/300K on them. Those are going to get filled up with Window Weld or something comparable on the durometer scale. I'm hoping it doesn't cause things to rattle too much. Might get some bike suspension parts to make an engine dampener from the firewall also.

Comment

• [QUOTE=nitrofarm;573942]
                        Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                        A taste of what's to come this weekend.

This is my JDM (yes, it's actually from Japan) Asus EEEPC 901. I'm going to be running some software called Winlog, with a USB connectivity to my LSU and power supply on the wideband datalogger.
                        So Aaron I'm inexperienced with "stand alone" fuel Inj. but really interested and eager in learning. What is Winlog,is it windows based and similar to Mega Squirt & Haltech? And what is an LSU? And I'm assuming the wide band data logger is just that. It logs your A/F ratio for future reference? Thanks-Thomas
                        ps and Festyfreak mentioned turning up boost.Is that accomplished with the BOV spring?
                        Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM.
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Re: Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

[QUOTE=nitrofarm;574537]
                          Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                          So Aaron I'm inexperienced with "stand alone" fuel Inj. but really interested and eager in learning. What is Winlog,is it windows based and similar to Mega Squirt & Haltech? And what is an LSU? And I'm assuming the wide band data logger is just that. It logs your A/F ratio for future reference? Thanks-Thomas
                          ps and Festyfreak mentioned turning up boost.Is that accomplished with the BOV spring?
                          You can turn up the boost by fitting a bleed valve off the waste gate actuator line. You basically trick the waste gate into thinking the turbo hasn't spooled up yet so it opens later or.
                          The other way is to fit a bigger turbo or a different waste gate.
                          The bov relieves any back pressure (lag) when you release the throttle. basically its there to prevent turbo lag so you can hit the throttle again straight away and not lose response.

this being my first turbo project, I'm still getting my head around things so some of what I mentioned might be a bit skewed. But that's the general gist of it.
                          1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

• Be carefull with that. I cracked my head and blew the gasket that way.
                            HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                            "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
                              Be carefull with that. I cracked my head and blew the gasket that way.
                              be carefull of what? a boost controller?

do you mind shedding some light on exactly what happened? was it an instillation issue, product issue, or line issue?

im always scared ill develop a vaccum leak on the boost controller and all hell will break loose.

Comment

• Re: Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                                be carefull of what? a boost controller?

do you mind shedding some light on exactly what happened? was it an instillation issue, product issue, or line issue?

im always scared ill develop a vaccum leak on the boost controller and all hell will break loose.
                                I was asking myself the same question.
                                The only way this would happen is if the boost was out of control.

So perhaps I should clarify that to do this you can buy a boost controller kit, or you an fit a bleed valve. but either way, you must have :
                                1- boost gauge
                                2- know what condition your motor is in.
                                3- know what condition your Turbo is in.
                                4- know what the limits are on your motor and Turbo.
                                5- gradually increase boost to know exactly what the new boost setting is. (If you open the bleed valve all the way and run the quarter, bad thing WILL happen)
                                6- treat your engine with respect. If you want to push boundaries, its always best to have a benchmark to work off, and do your due diligence and ask questions.

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2
                                1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Working...
                                X