Aaron's Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    pick one up and see how light weight it is.... that should give you a good idea why they are so popular...
    I'm sure theres better looking rims with the same weight out there

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Saw a civic with those on it the other day and the tires were very worn on he car, I thought about putting a note on the car telling the people I'd get them new tires and different wheels in trade for their wheels, but I already have too many wheels at my house. Lol.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Saw a civic with those on it the other day and the tires were very worn on he car, I thought about putting a note on the car telling the people I'd get them new tires and different wheels in trade for their wheels, but I already have too many wheels at my house. Lol.
        You know, I've often thought of the same thing, although my position has been lack of finances.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Dustin, you gotsta get better at hustlin' mang!
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            I'm sure theres better looking rims with the same weight out there
            anything light and good looking is gonna cost WAAAAY more than what i got these for.... it was funny, the guy at the junkyard was like "i could get more for scraping them..." i was like, "pick one up", then he picked one up and was like "ooooo, i see.... ok thats a fair price...)

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing this at Westiva next year :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                  anything light and good looking is gonna cost WAAAAY more than what i got these for.... it was funny, the guy at the junkyard was like "i could get more for scraping them..." i was like, "pick one up", then he picked one up and was like "ooooo, i see.... ok thats a fair price...)
                  Who are they made by, should say on the back. I wouldn't be surprised if they are forged. A lot of oem wheels are. I think they look good painted white, or bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                    Very nice! those couplers look like the same quality as the ones siliconeintakes.com offer.... i order my couplers from there lol.... they are definately great quality parts and i found out they withstand oil being on them :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It rubs the oil on it's hose!

Aaron, when you get that thing together you should take a nice winter vacation in a warmer place (hint hint). You and Mike could convoy.

Comment

Or Charlie could take a summer vacation to cooler climes and join us at Westiva...

Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                          Or Charlie could take a summer vacation to cooler climes and join us at Westiva...

now THATS an idea!!!! im sure aaron will agree...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            Who are they made by, should say on the back. I wouldn't be surprised if they are forged. A lot of oem wheels are. I think they look good painted white, or bronze.
                            They are made by Enkei.
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Many more summers like this one and I might start migrating like a bird.

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                              They are made by Enkei.
                              That's what I figured. Definitely a quality wheel.

Comment

Oh you know it, Charlie! Sounds like a phenomenal road trip... haven't forgotten your offer!
                                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                                X