Another SHOGUN in the werks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
    I just hope not to get involved in an accident anytime soon , all that work......

the ETA is now fixed to next spring.
    I hear you on that one. Insurance companies won't be very sympathetic about a repair should some a^&hole pile into the car.

Comment

• Some insurance companies will insure custom work if htey know it's present at the time of the policy underwriting. Just have to ask.

Comment

• Im going for a company that insures hot rods and such. Evaluation and all. I think there was one that was showing off during the Dream Car Garage episodes on speedvision back then. Cant remember the name....

Comment

• Any updates? I have been a member on the Shoforum since 2003, and I have yet to find such an in depth "guide" as this one. Once I can find a Festiva in my area (Nebraska) I am going to begin my project as well. I have two cars to choose from, a 92 or a 97 (welded cams @ 68k). I think a 3.4 swap would be awesome since I have not heard of anyone doing it yet. Thanks Phoenix!

Comment

• Im still on it 20 hours a week , im finishing up all the welds and brackets before sending it to the sandblast

The 97 sho's v8 only comes autotragic plus the aftermarket is real slim on these. but the v8 sound would be awesome.

I would still prefer the 92 mtx
            Last edited by PhoenixSHO; 04-06-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Yea I was tossing the idea around about the V8, but I'm still leaning towards the V6 due to the "ease" lol, of adding a SC/TC.

Comment

• Dying to see some update photos!
                - Form should follow function...

Comment

• Phoenix, do you want me to rebuild those swoopies for you?
                  If you decide to go with heated Audi S4 mirrors instead, I will buy the swoopies from you.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 04-07-2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• im actually going with l/r manual / regular non swoop mirrors , they are more lightweight, plus I ditched all the electrical wirings.

thanks for the offer

Comment

• Just a great project.

Comment

• Do I dare bump this thread for updates?

Comment

• bumpity
                          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                          2005 Accord - wife's DD
                          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• What happened?
                            90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
                            93 Festiva L 5 speed
                            93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

• Another SHOGUN in the werks

ran out of great stuff maybe!?
                              Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 05-07-2016, 07:51 PM.
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• image.jpg

Saw this online today wonder if this is it, has the same style subframe and says it in Canada. Sorry about the crappy quality but it wasn't much better where I copied it from
                                Last edited by Festivanoob; 05-10-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X