no spark on bp swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spark on bp swap

Hey guys I don't have any spark on my bp swap . I have 12v power at the coil distributor and module , I've tested the coil and it seems good . What is a good way to test the distributor? On my swap the motor is rebuilt so it has new belt cap rotor wires plugs , just to let you guys know. any help would be great thanks Ask me some questions if you need more info on my swap

Originally posted by dragsterdave View Post
    I've tested the coil and it seems good.
    Do you have power from the coil to the dist?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

No I don't , if I am reading the book right I should have power from the coil black wire 12v going in the coil and coming out at the yellow/blue wire. From there it goes to the rpm test wire , ign module and to the distributor. I only have power at the coil,module and rpm test wire. Am I right so far?

As for my distributor plug I have the
      festiva black going to the black/ light blue on the bp

festiva yellow/black going to the white/red on the bp 12v run

festiva yellow/blue going to the white on the bp

and the 4th wire yellow/blue or green to the ecu

Comment

I think I'm wrong about the yellow/blue from the coil, I don't think it goes to the distributor. I think the white wire from the distributor goes to the ecm. The ecm sees that signal and grounds it out witch make the injectors fire , the yellow/blue wire from the distributor sends a signal to the ecm . The ecm tell the module to ground the coil and send a spark to the distributor. I'm I right but this or am I reading the manual wrong? any help would be great

Comment

Think I found the problem I had three broken wires at the ecm. If all goes well first start up tomorrow morning

Comment

Keep us updated! Good luck!
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I will she runs but I still have a list to check off. I did the aspire brake swap but I bought a bad driver side hub. I have a axle seal leaking, needs full exhaust, engine light on , no horn, alinement , and I don't have any low end . I did the exhaust cam swap so I need to play with my adjustable cam gears. Its been along time to get to this point , but it seems like a fun car.

Comment

Working...
              X