No announcement yet.

minigun updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try using a die thats to small for the pipe... that works good for my friends pipe bender... if you are trying to bend a 1.5 inch pipe, use a 1.25 inch die... its worth a shot...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I don't it would work that great. It was designed to just follow the car and not stand up to the forces of actually propeling the car forward?
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Originally posted by Kraig View Post
        I don't it would work that great. It was designed to just follow the car and not stand up to the forces of actually propeling the car forward?
        Time will tell.
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Its been a while for update so here we go

I was having a problem of blowing coolant lines at high rpm so I pulled the main lines out and welded on lips to all the ends, at the same time I didnt have a drain plug so I welded on a bung to drain then put another in for a temp switch to run the fans...

The body work is done except for primer and paint so Im finishing up the interior and some minor wiring so I dont scracth stuff up pulling it all in and out.

Last edited by NovaSS; 11-19-2011, 10:02 AM.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Problem solving 101 with these things I tell ya.

Nice

Comment

very nice!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

taken from a cell phone at night so the pic isnt that great. I mocked up the interior, mostly to see if I could get a factory shifter console to fit over the SHO shifter, it fits but the boot doesnt work very well, too short and it hits the mechanical levers. I will just go to an aftermarket boot.

I decided to stay with Grey for tha base color, I have carpet on order to cover the engine compartment in the back, It will help cut down noise and heat I hope. as for the seat, I havent decided on which ones to use. I keep changing my mind, this week I am looking at these...

Last edited by NovaSS; 11-27-2011, 08:39 AM.
                money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

I also mocked up the console and I had to dremel the hole bigger and still doesnt feel right. I dont think im gonna use the stock console on this.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS View Post
                    Its been a while for update so here we go

I was having a problem of blowing coolant lines at high rpm so I pulled the main lines out and welded on lips to all the ends, at the same time I didnt have a drain plug so I welded on a bung to drain then put another in for a temp switch to run the fans...

The body work is done except for primer and paint so Im finishing up the interior and some minor wiring so I dont scracth stuff up pulling it all in and out.

You need V-band clamps.

1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

V bands for coolant?

:nono:

Comment

The Source for Professional Fabrication Components in the Racing and Performance Industry.

Take a look, they make them with O-rings. So I see no problem for coolant.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN View Post
                          http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...1022_1125_1202

Thanks
                          i was gonna say something about those but didnt feel like getting the link and all that stuff.... my friend it running them on his IC piping and they are VERY well built, but for 80 bucks each they better be well built lol...

for the 15 bucks per one i paid for my ebay ones for my exhaust im happy with them...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I could have used tri clover style bands but didnt see the need to. These are used in dairy and brewing industry. A simple clamp and a seal

Last edited by NovaSS; 01-09-2012, 07:19 AM.
                            money pit

Comment

What are you doing for a speedo? And can you point me to some shifter linkage pics. And are you running a hydro clutch? Thanks-

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN View Post
                                http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...1022_1125_1202

Thanks
                                To run V Bands you pretty much have to design your system based on their dia requiremants. It would be a pita for him to add them now. Plus those clamps are aluminum with what appears to be aluminum sleeves. Isnt he running stainless? The only stainless V bands I've worked with were for high temp air.And they wouldnt seal coolant very well. I think the bead he put on the ends of his pipes is going to seal excellent.
                                Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-09-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X