My B6T Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
    that guy was me lol part of the problem was the 205-60-14 fronts gripped like mad! but the stock 12 rear tires just rolled over lol and i got whiplash really bad from it for about 3 weeks i had a verry stiff neck!
    i still run the same stiff suspension but with 195-60-14 falken azenis tires and it is smooth in the corners and grips like nobodys buisness, 40-45 mph on a 90* turn.

is this the vid u where refering too??
    Lol, yeah that's the video I was referring to, that did not look like it wasn't comfortable. Glad to hear things are better now. I'm still a bit concerned about things being dampened properly as there's a bump on the highway I travel over often at 80mph and if that happened to me in the Festiva it would be bad news, but I understand a properly matched set of wheels/tires helps. I'm hoping the Racelands are well matched as far as springs/dampers are concerned, which I expect they are. I recently took a ride in a friend's Miata that just installed them and found them to be fairly comfortable.

-Travis
    '89 MX-6 GT, 2560R
    '91 Miata MSPNP 2871R B6T
    '93 Festiva B6T

Comment

my spring rate is 350 front and 300 rear i beleive.... 250 and 200 would be better for a daily driver but i was looking for the least roll as possible ant my back is destroyed now lol totally worth it tho! if u get a big chested girl in the car they will just complain about the bumpyness lol there are some overpasses on interstate 5 that if i hit at 75+mph i will catch air in the rear.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
      1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
      R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
      00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
      03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
      pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
      Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
      Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Well that sounds like a perfect reason for me to go with the 350/250 setup then, minus the big chested girl part, lol. But I can work that out in other ways . What struts are you running?
        '89 MX-6 GT, 2560R
        '93 Festiva B6T

Comment

kyb gr2 struts. you can pick them up on ebay for fairly cheapish. i cut the spring perches off so i can run a further inset wheel with wide tires and not rub the strut. all u need is a small perch to catch the adjuster if you use coilovers.

00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes

sponsered by,

Comment

Yeah I looked into the GR-2's for a bit, but they just don't seem to have valving as aggressive as I'm wanting, really trying to stick with a spring/damper setup designed together. I was originally thinking about doing an Aspire GR-2 strut package with FMS Festiva springs to match them appropriately but I'm kind of set of the Raceland setup, certainly not the best but it works for what I'm looking to spend.
            '89 MX-6 GT, 2560R
            '93 Festiva B6T

Comment

i take that back, mine are aspire gr2's

sponsered by,

Comment

Originally posted by STravisVrooman View Post
                from what my research has shown the AT Aspires have slightly larger brakes (or calipers) than the MT cars, seems odd, but guess it's not a bad thing the doner car is AT.
                Yes you are correct, the automatic aspire rotors are slightly thicker compared to the standard ones, if i remember right the calipers are slightly wider to compensate for that as well, but i can't remember for sure

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

where are you located?
                  Im the one who started the thread after seeing your car on CL...
                  Im hopefully by the end of next week coming to ATL to pick up a B6T from
                  another member here and cant wait to see the difference in it vs. the BP in my blue festy.
                  93L sold. First FESTY!
                  91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                  91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                  89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                  93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                  89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                  93GL Sold Too Soon!
                  91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I'm in Marietta which is just outside Atlanta. You'll definitely have a good time with it, if it doesn't have suspension or brake work you'll want to focus mainly on that, lol.
                    '89 MX-6 GT, 2560R
                    '93 Festiva B6T

Comment

Mine is in the process of suspension work, breaks are stock for now.
                      I got my supermoto from marietta back in january.Not too far from me and sedat,
                      We might try a trip out there to look at it one day.
                      93L sold. First FESTY!
                      91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                      91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                      89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                      93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                      89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                      93GL Sold Too Soon!
                      91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I'm in atlanta usually weekly. If you need anything lemme know!
                        Previous:
                        1991 GL. (01' ranger lights!) P/S,A/C Sold to Mum.
                        1990 auto. hacked up rally toy.
                        1988 5 speed. The pile
                        1993 5 speed.
                        1995 5 speed aspire. Gutted for the 90' auto.

Comment

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that if you use the Aspire swap, the sway bar goes OVER the crossmember, not under it, and that will wear your lower radiator hose out FAST because the swaybar rubs against it. I was advised to trim the hose up at the radiator to avoid that happening.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by gestiva View Post
                            Mine is in the process of suspension work, breaks are stock for now.
                            I got my supermoto from marietta back in january.Not too far from me and sedat,
                            We might try a trip out there to look at it one day.
                            Awesome, let me know.

Originally posted by sedat View Post
                            I'm in atlanta usually weekly. If you need anything lemme know!
                            Thanks, I may be needing some items here shortly, I'll contact you when I figure out what all I need.

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                            One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that if you use the Aspire swap, the sway bar goes OVER the crossmember, not under it, and that will wear your lower radiator hose out FAST because the swaybar rubs against it. I was advised to trim the hose up at the radiator to avoid that happening.
                            Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to make note of that when I'm doing the swap.
                            '89 MX-6 GT, 2560R
                            '93 Festiva B6T

Comment

Working...
                            X