Going BP+T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going BP+T

Dropped some fresh plugs in my B6T last week and took it out. It was running awesome, got into a few times, then it was smoking and running rough. Plugs were all fouled and #1 was soaked in oil. Also ended up with a milky dipstick...

So I figured I would at least have to refresh the block, re-ring, re-bearing, etc...headgasket job too. Then I was offered a freshly rebuilt BP from hofficergrover for a great price. For what it would cost to go through my B6T I could already have a better motor thats like new... tough decision huh?

Im getting a stock BP manifold reflanged to a T3, and a Saab T3. Very convenient since I have a 3" turbine outlet for a T3 that was originally going to be for my Tbird. The T3 should be a .42/.48 A/R which I think is pretty well suited to a mild BP.

Since I already have the B6T swap I think I am just gonna run it on B6T electronics, with my rocketchip ECU. FastivaB6TG25MR had awesome luck with that setup, and rocketman runs it that way too.

Other things on my wishlist are a civic aluminum radiator/fan, a fuel pump (at least a 190lph, walbro, bosch, etc), some gauges (water/oil/volt), and a wideband setup. These are things I skimped on with my B6t and I dont think that helped much...

I was getting a lot of wheel bearingy noise from the front drivers side, so I think I'm gonna do the Galant VR4 upgrade and throw some new bearings in. Sucks, because the bearings are only a year old...
    I want to aspire swap the rear as well.

I will be needing some dual lug wheels once the rear aspire swap is done. 14 or 15" and 6 or 7" wide.

Any thoughts?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Are you interested in selling your vj11/14?
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

I believe Xaero_81 wants it along with my 2.5" turbine outlet from FastivaB6TG25MR that I never got to use...
      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

This thread is useless without pics :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I know... well imagine a perfectly clean BP sitting on a small wooden cart with a red valve cover and black intake manifold and a stock 95 tubular exhaust manifold...

It was dark and the rom im running on my phone now doesnt support the camera flash :/
          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

i'll be waiting for the pics :evil4::evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              I believe Xaero_81 wants it along with my 2.5" turbine outlet from FastivaB6TG25MR that I never got to use...
              Yes sir...
              -Donny
              -1992 Festiva GL
              B6D/E-series.
              -1991 GL
              BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Well I've got an $80 cart on rockauto and a $210 watchlist on ebay...lol

Pair of galant rotors and a new disty cap/rotor on rockauto. Triple gauge pod, civic aluminum radiator and fan, and a 255lph pump.

Still need the wideband. Thinking of getting a SLC DIY kit but Im not too confident in my soldering skills. Ive soldered plently of wires but never a PCB.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Exactly what I want.

With the bosch o2 and aux sensor package it adds up to $500 though... itll have to wait.

Only thing I'd want more is a display that can show more than one sensor reading at a time.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I want your tube manifold :-P. Who has a stock BP mani reflanged for a T3?

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      This thread is useless without pics :lol:
                      ahahah all treads are there can be pics for any subject!
                      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                        I want your tube manifold :-P. Who has a stock BP mani reflanged for a T3?
                        You
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

wrong...
                          I have a familia GTR mani with a T3 flange
                          Get it right, sucker!

Comment

You sure? Looked an awful lot like a stock BP mani to me
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

You're high on drugs

By big_ty2003 at 2010-03-18

By big_ty2003 at 2010-03-18
                              Last edited by big_ty2003; 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X