No announcement yet.

FRX Festiva with a first GEN RX7 drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for updates... I really miss this thread!
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

He is still plugging away. I will get over there for more pics asap.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This guy is going to post more pics.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I went over to Jacks.

Comment

This is a video of the hood. Click the pic.

Comment

I bow down to you sir.....
              Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
              Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
              AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

The hood does what!!!

O.O
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
                  I bow down to you sir.....
                  I will tell Jack you said that. He really is the man.

Comment

I like how he made the hood open like a first gen.

Comment

ok, totaly awesome, but i noticed 2 things: the fuel tank in its current pisition and condition is a BIG no no, and i HOPE i'm not seeing grade 8.8 bolts used on the driveshaft (US grade 5 equivilant). they should be at least a 10.9 (US grade 8 equivilant). i'd rather not se him loose the driveshaft over a weak bolt.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

What do you mean by condition? It is a work in progress of course and when it is done it will be beast. He mocks things in for testing. Like the exhaust for instance. He's going to box in the tank. And it will have a back seat. Jack used to race falcons. He graduated from corvettes to the falcons because of the 289. He turned 9,000 RPMs in the 60's. He used his corvette for a tow vehicle!

Comment

It's ok, Arty likes to jump the gun a bit every now and then :p

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Awesome.
                            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

wheew, ok. nevermind then... if it's all getting boxed, we're good (though wouldn't a fuel cell work a little better back there? or is he trying to retain the spare well for something?). by condition, i mean the tank's ability to leak fumes into the cabin area (not safe) via the evap and fill hoses and fuel cap.

yeah i may jump the gun a bit but it's usually because i percieve a grose safety issue that hasn't been clearly addressed (don't want to loose members or their cars to poor decisions, ya know?)
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I always appreciate your valued input Arty.

A fuel cell does make more sense. The thing Jack is trying to retain is his money. He only has $800 in the festar for instance. He tries to get everything for free. He already had that tank. He would have to buy a fuel-cell.

Comment

Working...
                                X