No announcement yet.

Eurotiva's race garage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the moulds for any part like say mounts or is it just panels and grilles.

sent from the depths of hell.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Would the owner of the ferri notice if you take the motor clip and set it in the rear of the festy???? Looks almost like a bolt on project A v12 festy would be doing wheeleys!
      1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
      R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

• Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
        Would the owner of the ferri notice if you take the motor clip and set it in the rear of the festy???? Looks almost like a bolt on project A v12 festy would be doing wheeleys!
        I wasn't going to say anything .. But, just see if they'd be Interested...

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Cuz let's be honest who needs a ferrari? So many speed bumps and traffic just not any fun or practical in the USA but a festy with there drive train is totally preactical cuz you can go shopping in it and hit 200mph its a win win!

Comment

• awesome stuff Greg! Are you building molds at your shop now?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
              Cuz let's be honest who needs a ferrari? So many speed bumps and traffic just not any fun or practical in the USA but a festy with there drive train is totally preactical cuz you can go shopping in it and hit 200mph its a win win!
              Just point these out as the main selling points and he'll be all like "yeah, let's do it"

Just as a comparison, get a BP loaded festy, take him for a drive and say "it'll be like this right, but the windshield and front wheels will sit about this high (indicating front wheels over his head).., whilst operating" Oh and mention that the Festiva will need drag trolley wheels installed here and here (pointing to the rear bumper) to prevent that from occurring..

Tell him that Ferrari is so old school and that the cool kids now play with beyron's.. He'll either laugh, cry or wanna punch you out, so here's the plan..

If he cries, tell him it's OK and you'll help him build it and he will then say in an upset tone "really?" and pass him a tissue or two and proceed to explain how he would then become the most legendary Festiva owner... Period.

If he laughs, put a hand on his shoulder and look at him like you'd just seen a high speed car accident with a brick wall directly from the side lines and say "I'm as serious as a heartbeat" and with him knowing how much the Festiva means to you, will instantly click in his head and say "scrap the Ferrari body, causes daddys found a new home"

If he wants to get all fistycuffs with you, this will require a little mind play and the repeated phrase "is what I thought I heard you say" and "from what I recall, it wasn't like that at all"

Another solution, crash the Ferrari (so its useable as a donor car) and then point out the Festiva is a perfect substitute for the Ferrari (point out its "like looking at a mirror").. He'll see it completely from your point and say "do it", starsky and hutch styles.. Lastly, crank the 'wheels in motion' in the background, pull a Nicholas cage from gone in 60 secs where he has his little "low rider moment" and then proceed with the awesome montage of building this beast.

BTW, might want to find a red Festiva to pull this off.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 12-11-2013, 11:44 PM.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                awesome stuff Greg! Are you building molds at your shop now?
                I'm working two shops. Mine and a buddies. He's the body/fiberglass guru, and I'm the mechanical type.
                He has lots of high end customers that need mechanical help, without being taken to the cleaners.

I think the Ferrari owner might go for it. He's yet to ride in my festiva, but he says he is a speed junkie. As soon as he stops by the shop, I'll show him how his Ferrari "should" run. Parts should be in by Friday.

And Jawbreka.......That's so funny!! Awesome scenerios
                Last edited by eurotiva; 12-12-2013, 12:11 AM.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• welll what was that molded piece of hopefully festy related work?
                  93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                  RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                  RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    I'm working two shops. Mine and a buddies. He's the body/fiberglass guru, and I'm the mechanical type.
                    He has lots of high end customers that need mechanical help, without being taken to the cleaners.

I think the Ferrari owner might go for it. He's yet to ride in my festiva, but he says he is a speed junkie. As soon as he stops by the shop, I'll show him how his Ferrari "should" run. Parts should be in by Friday.

And Jawbreka.......That's so funny!! Awesome scenerios
                    Even so, if he won't tear this one up, maybe he might know where to get a 2nd engine and running gear from.

Avg Economy:
                    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• He probably got ferrari parts paying around like we got festy parts laying around but I just thought it would be easier then a shogun. Cuz its just a drivetrain clip yea my imeganiton goes crazy with festys like what could I slap on to make it better 24/7.... festys are a gift and a curse..

And eurtiva with you learing to do molds how far fetched is a frount clip for your 11s festy with the fenders, hood, bumper fold foward like a camaro drag cars? With it all 1 piece you would knock a lot of time of I would asume and reaching the 10s!?!?

Comment

• Would there be a possibility of making a complete moulded front end (front quarter panels, grille, front bumper (choices include STOCK/GTX/GTA/ATH) in one piece like that jag desk and have the hood detachable?

Last edited by jawbraeka; 12-12-2013, 12:59 AM.

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                          Would there be a possibility of making a complete moulded front end (front quarter panels, grille, front bumper (choices include STOCK/GTX/GTA/ATH) in one piece like that jag desk and have the hood detachable?

You could have any cool frount end like a nissan 340GTI, mustang or any thang you feel like trying to mold on a festy front end the opertunities are endless, If I could do molds ide go crasy with fender designs

Comment

• Very cool.. Thinking Porsche to add "length" or Saab. The sAAB was very aerodynamic, built by plane engineers, revolutionised the astra by totally redesigning it.

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                              Yup timing belts. Along with cam seals, clutch, valve cover gaskets, drive belts, all hoses replaced, etc... It's an 86 with 40k on it.

Last night was a honduh v6, valve cover gaskets, Trans service, etc...

Todays Ferrari work, was clean engine, and start re finishing parts. It's older and needs some love....

While I was busy on the Ferrari, the fiberglass guru made a Jaguar desk!

This is straight out of the mold

And he's been working with me teaching me how to make molds. So something rare will be in production tomorrow. Might even pull the first parts out by tomorrow evening. Bob is the man! 75 yrs old, making molds forever, this guy is amazing.

Anyone know what this is? Interested?

Its a copy of your broken one of a kind front airdam.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Anyone who thinks a TR512 powertrain assembly is an easy swap into a Festiva has never seen a testarossa up close. Those things are 2 ft wider than a Festiva, lol. Plus, there are about 1000 other engines that would be a better choice. Not even getting into the financial aspect of that. Haha, but that flat12 does sing a beautiful song.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X