Eurotiva's race garage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    Thanks guys. Matt, I'm just working for my self and part time at another shop. Making money when I can, where I can.

I made a mold of my front lip. Charlie, do you think it would help with what you do? It's weigh and down force way out front. My first one out of the mold weighs maybe 5 lbs. I should send you one for test purposes, so we can have proof if any exists.
    It's very possible. Any downforce in the front is good downforce. If you want another project to practice on, a set of wide front fenders with larger arches would help a lot of people I think. Also, I'd like to have a super lightweight rear hatch. Knowing the amount if work that goes into a mold, you probably have more lucrative ways to spend your time, but I would be honored to test your parts.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I'd like to have a super lightweight rear hatch.
      Would it be practical to pull the hatch glass, replace it with a light plastic, and use a hole saw to lighten the metal parts? Could be useful for you on the track. Pull the hatch wiring so it doesn't run inside the hatch, and you could even swap hatches fairly quickly--have a stock one and a race one.

Are you even required to have a hatch for racing? It would be nice to ditch that weight altogether.
      Last edited by TominMO; 12-26-2013, 08:02 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
        greg coming down in feburary with festevil3 2 pick up hannibal. wanna come same day as tom & will let you know exact day he is coming. ive gotta chk out his b3!
        No worries tho. If we can't hook up this winter it'll be at Madness in '14.

Greg, I forget--did you say that Monday is a track day? If not, which day(s)?
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-26-2013, 08:07 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• ty1
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Would it be practical to pull the hatch glass, replace it with a light plastic, and use a hole saw to lighten the metal parts? Could be useful for you on the track. Pull the hatch wiring so it doesn't run inside the hatch, and you could even swap hatches fairly quickly--have a stock one and a race one.

Are you even required to have a hatch for racing? It would be nice to ditch that weight altogether.
            yeah festycul has plastic in hatch & also both rear windows are plastic. i think they are riveted in. much lighter

Comment

• would that front lip spoiler help with the bp cooling?

Comment

• Lots happening in the new shop...pics coming soon
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• yeeeeees!
                  Last edited by kumalaba; 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• greg i checked out photobucket/eurotiva very nice, you've got some kool cars in your garage!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                      greg i checked out photobucket/eurotiva very nice, you've got some kool cars in your garage!
                      I haven't been able to get on photobucket all day? Says it's down for maintenance? Did you check it recently?
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• yesterday

Comment

• -Greg
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09

Comment

• i see that valve cover!

Comment

• Loving those festys good condition too(:
                              This is my festiva, there are many like it but this one is mine':fred:

Comment

• New shop tool.....

Last edited by eurotiva; 01-27-2014, 01:24 PM.
                                -Greg
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09

Comment

Working...
                                X