No announcement yet.

Powerstiva's BP Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I’ve returned to the states and while I was at home I did some work on my car. I swapped the rear axle for an aspire one as well as replaced the drums with Aspire's and installed adjustable coilovers in the rear. I also added a hitch from an 01' Dodge Grand Caravan with minimal modification to it, it bolts onto the rear tow hooks and is completely removable however in the future I would like to find a way to raise the ball about 2 more inches. But for now it is doing a great job hauling my trailer with my motorcycle in it. We currently made it to Devils Tower in Wyoming, Earlier today we stopped at Mt. Rushmore and had a great time. Gas mileage with the trailer isn’t as good as I was hoping for but well see if it gets better. Here is a link to my photobucket with pictures: http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/ja...?sort=3&page=1
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Nice trailer! Those tires drag more than the 4.80 or 5.30 size unless I guess wrong. ( They look like one of the wider styles similar to snowmobile trailers .) Also the front corners hang out past the slip stream and drag like crazy as well. I tow several different trailers and the difference is substantial.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

They are actually 4.80 tires

Comment

Radials tow easier but that small I don't think you would see a difference. The wind drag is where you could make a big difference. But you need to have fun and enjoy for now , it is getting the job done lol
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Well a little late on the update but we made it all the way to the Four Corners Monument and then on our way to the Grand Canyon we went to stop at a tour through Antelope Canyon and we missed our turn and went to slow down very quickly my buddy miss-shifted from 4th to 2nd and ruined the gear. We tried to make it the rest of the road trip without the gear but when it went out the syncros got messed up and made it hard to shift through the other gears and while looking for our hotel in the stop and go traffic in Vegas the clutch got burned out and we got stuck. So from there I had Farrah towed to my base where she is now sitting awaiting a transmission swap and I decided that now is a great time to upgrade to a g-series so I got out and picked one up today along with an extra set of gears. I have an exedy clutch to use in it too, all I have to do is locate a shifter linkage that I can use to modify to fit the Festy and get her on the road again.

Also as an update on gas mileage throughout the trip, I think we averaged about 24-25ish over the 25000ish miles we went, and through the Rockies we were averaging about 30mpg, and that was with towing a gutted out pop-up camper with my motorcycle in it.

Comment

Working...
            X