• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ditto

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Im not sure either fastivaca thats what i was thinking, but im going to buy a new one next week along with my W.P. and CV's i still gotta hit up the yard to get my ECU. anything else i should try to grab while im there that i might need?
      91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
      Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
      Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

I picked up my transmission today from UPS that i bought from Stainless1911 and he was great to cooperate with during the process. Im picking up my new CV shafts from NAPA tomorrow along with my new water pump. And then on Tuesday im gonna go pull my ECU from a local pull-a-part. I all goes according to plan (fingers crossed, knock on wood) the swap should alll be completed next weekend. So the prepping begins!!

Comment

I got out to the yard today instead of tomorrow hoping to be able to get everything done earlier, however things came up and i was only able to pull my new ECU off of a '91 EGT. I also picked up my CV and W.P. today instead of on Friday because i ran outta time then. I will be going back tomorrow to get the shifting linkage and clutch pedal assembly, any tips about doing this? What should i look for in the car that im going to pull them from? I asked this in a different thread as well and here is a link to that too: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...080#post533080

Comment

Picked up my shifting linkage today, we were unable to pull out the clutch pedal assembly. Were going to go back in a day or so to get it out one way or another. The wires to the switches will i need them or should there be empty connecters already in my car?

Also while we were there i picked up the passenger amber light because mine had been cracked my a truck that cut me off in a round about a few months ago (I broke off his entire rear driver side fender though)

On our way outta the yard i a chrome antenna caught my eye and got it for an entire 2 dollars! What a steal =)

Any tips on removing the clutch pedal assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
              Picked up my shifting linkage today, we were unable to pull out the clutch pedal assembly. Were going to go back in a day or so to get it out one way or another. The wires to the switches will i need them or should there be empty connecters already in my car?

Also while we were there i picked up the passenger amber light because mine had been cracked my a truck that cut me off in a round about a few months ago (I broke off his entire rear driver side fender though)

On our way outta the yard i a chrome antenna caught my eye and got it for an entire 2 dollars! What a steal =)

Any tips on removing the clutch pedal assembly?
              Unscrew the bolts. Lol

Its really pretty easy to remove a pedal box.

I usually pull the m/c away from the firewall before trying to pull the pedals out though

Comment

After working at it a little more today I still was not able to remove it, I cannot find anymore bolts holding it in. How big is it? Am I not looking around enough? Are there any hard to find "hidden bolts"?

Comment

The 4 nuts for the brake booster and the brake rod, clutch cable, and I think one more up one the left above the clutch pedal. I'm probably wrong though.

Comment

We last night after many choice words and hammering we pulled out the hear and soul of her and in the procedure it was found that the cradle had completely rusted and broke free of the front end of the car and that my sway bar was holding most of the weight of the engine and transmission. So the options we were left were scrap the car or start on some custom fabrication ... we choose the second, Haha. I still cannot find my camera but we dis take pictures with our phones and I Wish post them once I figure out how

Comment

If you ise photobucket, they have a quick email upload feature. You can send a text using an email addy on your phone, straight to PB.

You can also tether most phones via USB.

If you have a smart phone and a data connection, you can upload them directly to the site, or to facebook and copy them here (what I usually do).

When you get them somewhere online, in the reply box you'll find a little icon with a tele square and amtn inside it, click that. When the popup box appears, type the url of the image in the box and hit enter.

Comment

Here is a pic of the whole box.

If you look my finger is at one of 2 bolt locations and there is 5 visible from the front

Here's another pic, finger at the bolt slot

-Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thank you Greg for the great pics, i already managed to get it out lol.

And Christ once again thank you for help, this time in regaurds to the pictures! =) i will try to upload them one way or another sometime today.

Comment

This morning we were able to install the new pedal assembly, remove the auto shifting mechinisms, sand and repaint the new shifting linkages, and powerwash the entire car. We throghly washed the engine bay, removed the hub caps and sprayed down the rims, got some hard to remove dirt off the outside of the car and sparyed down underneth the car the best we could to clean off some oil that had leaked down there as well as a bunch of road grime. We also sprayed down the hood and decided that we will get a less rusted one from our J.Y. to use in the end.
                            Im currently looking for a welding torch to get my crossmember reatached... the plan for tomorrow is to remove the dash and switch ECU's as well as gut some things off the B3 and get rid of some of the old parts so i got more spending $ for what we need.

Pics soon to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                              Pics soon to come...
                              Not to be rude but you've been saying that since the start of the thread... June 30th..... Either do it or quit saying you're gunna lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Why not do the no cross member mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X