Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome work ian, keep it up

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Had an hour or so to spare this afternoon so did one of those little jobs on the project. When the car arrived the key was broken off in the ignition. Remembered I had purchased a complete set of locks from Junspeed quite a while back so I dug up the package and installed the brand new ignition lock along with the matching driver's door lock. The lock for the hatch and passenger door will go in later. I also have brand new Kia Pride steering column covers to go on but those will wait 'til later as well.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I think your festiva is gunna end up looking a LOT like mine

Looking forward to more progress

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

looking good!
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Not much but here's a couple of Elias' photos of the new ignition lockset....

Last edited by fastivaca; 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Quick little update: another piece of the puzzle has arrived

This will allow me to crank up the boost on stock turbo, injectors, etc. without having to upgrade to a wide-band O2 sensor.

Now to find a boost gauge and manual controller
              Last edited by fastivaca; 09-20-2013, 12:40 PM.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

very nice i think thats what festevil3 runs on his car(festycul) & he can go up to 18lbs!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I had a reich ECU in my 323 GT, pretty much the same thing as the Rocketman ECU

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Looking good Ian
                    93-1.6l
                    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

Thanks. Did some clean up in the garage today. I'very been given an old stick welded so I had to make room for it. Still have to wire up a plug for it.

Also made a couple of quick measurements on the transmission. The G series is about 1 7/8" longer the the E series which is about the same distance from the end of the E series to the nearest frame rail.

Won't be doing too much on the project for a bit here as I've picked up quite a lot if new clients in the last week or so. That in itself is a nice problem to have

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Good stuff so far, lots of fresh toys to play with!
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Love the color scheme......
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                            Love the color scheme......
                            Thought you might!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Not too much to report as I've been blessed with a ton of work. I have arranged a trade of some Festiva goodies for a pair of transmission mounts.

Quick question... can the stock passenger mount be removed from the engine without removing the water pump? Not too worried about it as I will be replacing the water pump anyway.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Yes it can be, but the timing belt does have to come off the top
                                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                                X